Author Topic: Oakland: BART takeover robbery: 40 to 60 teens swarm train, rob weekend riders  (Read 2102 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

BART takeover robbery: 40 to 60 teens swarm train, rob weekend riders

By Demian Bulwa
April 24, 2017 Updated: April 24, 2017 12:48pm

A recent string of robberies on BART trains took a frightening turn when dozens of juveniles swarmed an Oakland station over the weekend and commandeered a train car, forcing passengers to hand over bags and cell phones and leaving at least two with head injuries, witnesses told the transit agency.

The incident — the first of its kind in recent memory — occurred around 9:30 p.m. Saturday at Coliseum Station.
Related

BART riders pass through the gates at the Rockridge BART station on Monday, October 28, 2013. BART riders who run out of fare on their tickets or Clipper cards have to add fare to leave their arrival station. But many complain that the machines only take cash and not credit cards like the ticket machines out side the gates, forcing passengers to ask for help from station agents or fellow passengers.
    BART says fare cheats cost system up to $25 million a year
    Riders and the Warm Springs BART station on first day of service, Saturday, March 25, 2017 in Fremont, CA.
    BART takes steps to end power surges
    Head of operations Edmund Solis walks among the fleet of a Gig car share vehicles at a AAA storage yard in Oakland, Calif. on Thursday, April 13, 2017. The fleet of 250 Priuses, each with two bike racks mounted to the roof, takes to the streets of Berkeley and Oakland on April 30, when the automobile club's car sharing service launches.

According to a police officials, witnesses said 40 to 60 juveniles flooded the station, jumped the fare gates and rushed to the second-story train platform. Some of the robbers apparently held open the doors of a Dublin-bound train car while others streamed inside, confronting and robbing and in some cases beating riders.

Continued: http://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/BART-takeover-robbery-50-to-60-teens-swarm-11094745.php

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Teens, juveniles, robbers.
Three ways the perps were described. I think we all know what that means.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

These kids were just excited about history and were reenacting some of Jessie James' exploits.

Wingnut

“We are in the process of pulling all surveillance video and we will share with Oakland police, Oakland Unified School District and Oakland Housing Authority to see if they can help identify the minors,

I think it is pretty clear the suspects are not a whiter shade of pale.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Yup.

Offline mountaineer

Darn Amish.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

geronl

America's next ISIS?

Offline goatprairie

Roving gangs of feral blacks causing ..uh...disturbances have become quite common across the country since the election of Comrade Barack in 2008. I guess they feel nothing will be done to them....and usually they're correct as the cities where they maraud have virtually all leftist mayors.  Somehow Evil Whitey will be blamed....as usual.
One of these days one of the people they assault will be armed....like Bernard Goetz. Things might get interesting.  :whistle:

rangerrebew

50 ‘Juveniles’ Swarm Public Train, Rob People On Board

Eric Lieberman
Tech and Law Reporter
4:34 PM 04/24/2017

Dozens of young people reportedly mobbed an Oakland train station over the weekend, annexed one of the train cars, and robbed passengers.

Two people suffered head injures from the alleged crimes, reports SFGATE, an online news site run by the San Francisco Chronicle, citing witnesses.

The incident occurred Saturday night at Coliseum Station, one of the most convenient stops to access the Oakland Raiders’ official NFL stadium.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/24/50-juveniles-swarm-public-train-rob-people-on-board/#ixzz4fGS5ff00

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Let me guess....  another armed Amish juvenile uprising.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
People figured out that the word "teens" was  a code so they switched to juveniles
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 12:45:26 pm by Restored »
Countdown to Resignation

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
People figured out that "teens" were a code so they switched to juveniles
Yutes!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mod2

Threads merged.

Wingnut

Offline andy58-in-nh

Yep. Nor were they there to skip the light Fandango. Or to turn cartwheels across the floor.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Ok. It has been reported, albeit in a vague and perfunctory way. Now it's time for the MSM to bury the story, never to be seen or heard from again. Doesn't fit the narrative.

You see, Muslims are 'peaceful' doncha know. Feral Black thugs are 'peaceful' too. It's all those straight White Christians who are the problem. They're the violent terrorists that we have to worry about.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 02:17:22 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Also what is the chance that all 60 of the thuggery are going to be able to keep it quiet? 

I think the Jesse James wanna be will be smelling the glove of justice pretty quick.  And it will be kept quiet, so these poor underprivileged aren't harmed /s
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline goatprairie

Ok. It has been reported, albeit in a vague and perfunctory way. Now it's time for the MSM to bury the story, never to be seen or heard from again. Doesn't fit the narrative.

You see, Muslims are 'peaceful' doncha know. Feral Black thugs are 'peaceful' too. It's all those straight White Christians who are the problem. They're the violent terrorists that we have to worry about.
In the last ten years there have been numerous cases of feral black youths marauding in cities across the country. If you go to local new sites where the events occurred, they'll report them. But they're never reported nationally.
Of course, if this were gangs of white youths doing similar things, we'd be seeing it blasted on the alphabet news networks and elite lib papers all the time. And people wonder why many non-blacks go out of their way to avoid black youths.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

In the last ten years there have been numerous cases of feral black youths marauding in cities across the country. If you go to local new sites where the events occurred, they'll report them. But they're never reported nationally.
Of course, if this were gangs of white youths doing similar things, we'd be seeing it blasted on the alphabet news networks and elite lib papers all the time. And people wonder why many non-blacks go out of their way to avoid black youths.
A gang of 'one' got his just desserts in 2012 in Florida and was made a martyr.

It is only some time before this happens when a person who decides they do not wish to be robbed decides to defend himself/herself.

Then you will see the reporting go viral.  Obama will be the spokesman for these 'victims' and will likely say once again 'If I had a son,..."
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Smokin Joe

A gang of 'one' got his just desserts in 2012 in Florida and was made a martyr.

It is only some time before this happens when a person who decides they do not wish to be robbed decides to defend himself/herself.

Then you will see the reporting go viral.  Obama will be the spokesman for these 'victims' and will likely say once again 'If I had a son,..."
It has already happened. Bernard Goetz https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_New_York_City_Subway_shooting#Perpetrator defended himself with a firearm against 4 yutes who assaulted him with screwdrivers.

He was acquitted of the attempted murder and first-degree assault charges and convicted of criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree – carrying a loaded, unlicensed weapon in a public place.[64] He was sentenced to six months in jail, one year's psychiatric treatment, five years' probation, 200 hours community service, and a $5,000 fine. An appellate court affirmed the conviction and changed the sentence to one year in jail without probation. The order of the appellate court was affirmed because the trial court had not erred in instructing the jury that, if it found the People had proved each of the elements of the crime beyond a reasonable doubt, it "must" find the defendant guilty. This was not a directed verdict. Goetz served eight months.

In a civil trial eleven years later, before a mostly minority jury...

Newspaper columnist Jimmy Breslin testified that in a 1985 interview, Cabey denied his involvement in an attempted robbery, but said that Canty, Allen, and Ramseur intended to rob Goetz.[51]
>snip<
The jury found that Goetz had acted recklessly and had deliberately inflicted emotional distress on Cabey. Jurors stated that Goetz shooting Cabey twice was a key factor in their decision.[72] The jury awarded Cabey $43 million – $18 million for pain and suffering and $25 million in punitive damages.

Of course, the plaintiff represented Goetz's actions in the civil case as a racist act, and not self defense.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 10:03:55 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

Of course, the plaintiff represented Goetz's actions in the civil case as a racist act, and not self defense.

I hope he hasn't paid them a dime

Online Smokin Joe

I hope he hasn't paid them a dime
Nope, not a cent, according to the Wikipedia article.

C S Lewis