Author Topic: Former Fox Anchor Alisyn Camerota Reveals Roger Ailes Sexually Harassed Her Too  (Read 3886 times)

Silver Pines

You take a payoff you deserve no sympathy. All of this mess at FOX could have been cleared up decades ago if these women went public with their charges and took people to court. Instead they took bribes to shut up and go away allowing others to be abused as well. It stinks.

@Frank Cannon

And if they'd gone public earlier, the reaction would have been no different.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

Nope.  I've been there.  When I finally told my boss what happened, he couldn't believe it.  "Why didn't you tell me?" me asked over and over.  I was lucky to have a boss like that.

It's not all that easy to walk away from any job, much less a plum one at Fox News.  I know that, too. 

Ailes and O'Reilly were the ones who didn't do the right thing. But here we are, blaming the women for it, saying they have no right to complain.  It's unbelievable, really.  And it's BS.

I've been there too.  Spoke up and paid for it.

And, no, I'm not blaming women.  However, whenever you fight evil, you have to expect some blow-back.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 08:32:05 pm by Sanguine »

Wingnut

@Wingnut

Oh, I missed your sarcasm.  Forget the thanks.

Nope.  I was serious.  No sarcasm.   
@CatherineofAragon

These other clowns on thier high horses think  it's easy to make the decision. 

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon

And if they'd gone public earlier, the reaction would have been no different.

If they came forward earlier and took the cases to court, like they are supposed to, it would have ended the cycle of abuse they claim. Instead this thing was allowed to fester for decades.

Silver Pines

I've been there too.  Spoke up and paid for it.

And, no, I'm not blaming women.  However, whenever you fight evil, you have to expect some blow-back.

@Sanguine

No, that's exactly what's happening.  The women are being raked across the coals.

Offline mirraflake

He said, She said, Should have said something earlier, right for her to kept her mouth shut...both sides actually give good points, @CatherineofAragon  @Frank Cannon

All of this is bickering today between the sexes is getting worse very day and is exactly why sex dolls when the get perfected and humanlike and the stigma is no longer men are going to go MGTOW big  time on real women.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 08:39:40 pm by mirraflake »

Silver Pines

Nope.  I was serious.  No sarcasm.   
@CatherineofAragon

These other clowns on thier high horses think  it's easy to make the decision.

@Wingnut

My apologies to you.

Silver Pines

If they came forward earlier and took the cases to court, like they are supposed to, it would have ended the cycle of abuse they claim. Instead this thing was allowed to fester for decades.

If those bag-faced old perverts hadn't created an environment where women could do their jobs without fear of losing them, like they were supposed to, there wouldn't be an issue.  Blame the perverts.  There isn't a single one of us who can say when they should have come forward. 

The fact that the abuse continued wasn't the women's fault.  Jesus.

Silver Pines

He said, She said, Should have said something earlier, right for her to kept her mouth shut...both sides actually give good points, @CatherineofAragon  @Frank Cannon

All of this is bickering today between the sexes is getting worse very day and is exactly why sex dolls when the get perfected and humanlike and the stigma is no longer men are going to go MGTOW big  time on real women.

@mirraflake

Are you kidding---you think men are the only ones who will?

Offline mirraflake

@mirraflake

Are you kidding---you think men are the only ones who will?

You are right. Real Dolls also make  a male version. Read the 400+ comment thread on marriage yesterday on FR. Yowza. Thought there was going to be CWII among the male and female posters.

@CatherineofAragon

Silver Pines

You are right. Real Dolls also make  a male version. Read the 400+ comment thread on marriage yesterday on FR. Yowza. Thought there was going to be CWII among the male and female posters.

@CatherineofAragon

@mirraflake

Thanks, I needed something funny to read.

Offline mirraflake

@mirraflake

Thanks, I needed something funny to read.

Ever notice on those marriage-divorce threads on FR, male and female posters alike, there are 3 basic themes.

1. It's always the ex who was the sh*t in the marriage. You never read..."You know I really screwed up my marriage, was an idiot, demanded too much  and should have been a better spouse".
2. American women suck. Asian women are traditional wives.

3. Freepers are all super intelligent, Look like a model,  10,000 dollar a day ceo at age 25 but yet can't find a spouse because there are no good ones left.

@CatherineofAragon

« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 11:39:07 pm by mirraflake »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Ever notice on those marriage-divorce threads on FR, male and female posters alike, there are 3 basic themes.

1. It's always the ex who was the sh*t in the marriage. You never read..."You know I really screwed up my marriage, was an idiot, demanded too much  and should have been a better spouse".
2. American women suck. Asian women are traditional wives.

3. Freepers are all super intelligent, Look like a model,  10,000 dollar a day ceo at age 25 but yet can't find a spouse because there are no good ones left.

@CatherineofAragon
I notice on the internet, that people like me with 49 years of (one) marriage, give out LESS marriage advice than people who have never married, or have a couple of failed marriages.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
She also said she gets the question "Why didn't you speak up before now?" and her simple answer was, well, look what happens when we do.
@CatherineofAragon

Plenty of evidence for which can be found on a few too many threads here.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline raml

I think they are all liars and are being paid to smear the men they are picking on. One thing I learned out in the working world the women who claimed this many times put themselves out there way to much and basically caused it to happen. I was a beautiful women in the work world and never did i ever give out vibrations or go around touching men and I never received any harassment. It is all in the way you handle yourself. Some women when around men can't seem to help themselves they flirt then complain about it when someone flirts back.

Silver Pines

I think they are all liars and are being paid to smear the men they are picking on. One thing I learned out in the working world the women who claimed this many times put themselves out there way to much and basically caused it to happen. I was a beautiful women in the work world and never did i ever give out vibrations or go around touching men and I never received any harassment. It is all in the way you handle yourself. Some women when around men can't seem to help themselves they flirt then complain about it when someone flirts back.

@raml

Of course.  Every single woman who accused O'Reilly and Ailes has been lying.  Even going back over a decade. 

Stop being a doormat.  No one is awarding you points or pats on the head.

And as someone who has dealt with sexual harassment, you need to check yourself, sister, before you try to tell me I went around touching men, or that I caused it.  You read me?

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

Plenty of evidence for which can be found on a few too many threads here.

@EasyAce

I know, right? 

Offline Frank Cannon

If those bag-faced old perverts hadn't created an environment where women could do their jobs without fear of losing them, like they were supposed to, there wouldn't be an issue.  Blame the perverts.  There isn't a single one of us who can say when they should have come forward. 

The fact that the abuse continued wasn't the women's fault.  Jesus.

It sure as shit was. It takes two to tango here and there are so many GD laws on the books about this shit that there is no excuse to let this stuff happen. You make it sound as though this is the 1960's Mad Men era. It ain't. Beyond that we have ultra Lib Camerota showing up way late to the dance to accuse people of stuff that happened years ago. She continued to work there without any problems after these alleged abuses and went on to work at another channel not saying a word about the "disgusting" things going on at FOX. Wonder why?

These accusers who went about their business without trying to stop it are just as guilty for future abuses as the azzholes who were grabbing asses at the channel. There was a willing a ready MSM just dying to expose this stuff and destroy FOX.

Silver Pines

It sure as shit was. It takes two to tango here and there are so many GD laws on the books about this shit that there is no excuse to let this stuff happen. You make it sound as though this is the 1960's Mad Men era. It ain't. Beyond that we have ultra Lib Camerota showing up way late to the dance to accuse people of stuff that happened years ago. She continued to work there without any problems after these alleged abuses and went on to work at another channel not saying a word about the "disgusting" things going on at FOX. Wonder why?

These accusers who went about their business without trying to stop it are just as guilty for future abuses as the azzholes who were grabbing asses at the channel. There was a willing a ready MSM just dying to expose this stuff and destroy FOX.

@Frank Cannon

That's exactly what it was at Fox News with Ailes and O'Reilly.  I described it as being a Vegas rat pack, but you nailed it better than I did.  What else would you call a workplace where the hotshot men feel free to try and force the women to sleep with them if they want to keep their jobs and make it clear that anyone who complains gets the boot? 

Yep, Camerota is a liberal, and she's just one more in a loooooong line of women.  Are they all lying?  You really think so?  If so, why?  Why struggle so hard to protect a couple of sleazes and instead shift the blame off on the women who had to put up with them?  What about the friend who described the situation at Fox to @AbaraXas----is that just another lie in the grand conspiracy?

You're right, Camerota said Ailes abused her after being at CNN for, I don't know, a while?  A few years?  Not sure exactly.  But I saw her interview with Margaret Hoover---Hoover was talking about her experiences with O'Reilly, and Camerota chimed in with her own.  Pretty natural since she used to work there, too.  Why keep shut about it?

No, you're wrong.  The women are not to blame.  It's not easy to leave any job, and it would be even harder to leave a really good one when you don't know if you'll be blacklisted when you do.  Personally I don't give a crap what happens to Fox.  It's a pit.  They're not even good at giving the news.  They're no more fair and balanced than MSNBC.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon

That's exactly what it was at Fox News with Ailes and O'Reilly.  I described it as being a Vegas rat pack, but you nailed it better than I did.  What else would you call a workplace where the hotshot men feel free to try and force the women to sleep with them if they want to keep their jobs and make it clear that anyone who complains gets the boot? 

Yep, Camerota is a liberal, and she's just one more in a loooooong line of women.  Are they all lying?  You really think so?  If so, why?  Why struggle so hard to protect a couple of sleazes and instead shift the blame off on the women who had to put up with them?  What about the friend who described the situation at Fox to @AbaraXas----is that just another lie in the grand conspiracy?

You're right, Camerota said Ailes abused her after being at CNN for, I don't know, a while?  A few years?  Not sure exactly.  But I saw her interview with Margaret Hoover---Hoover was talking about her experiences with O'Reilly, and Camerota chimed in with her own.  Pretty natural since she used to work there, too.  Why keep shut about it?

No, you're wrong.  The women are not to blame.  It's not easy to leave any job, and it would be even harder to leave a really good one when you don't know if you'll be blacklisted when you do.  Personally I don't give a crap what happens to Fox.  It's a pit.  They're not even good at giving the news.  They're no more fair and balanced than MSNBC.

I refuse to let you have the last word on this so I will summarize by telling you that you are wrong.

Silver Pines

I refuse to let you have the last word on this so I will summarize by telling you that you are wrong.

@Frank Cannon

I would never try to have the last word.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Frank Cannon

I do like to have the last word.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon

Good, because here are some more last words.

If someone is coming into a neighborhood and stealing cars and robbing houses and everyone just lets it happen because they don't want any retaliation or to make waves, then those people deserve to be beat down by criminals. Same thing with what was going on at FOX (if the allegations are true). People kept letting these illegal activities continue. Some were bribed to keep their mouths shut which is also unconscionable. No one stood up for themselves or others. You reap what you sow.

Offline Frank Cannon

I do like to have the last word.

That's good to know.