Author Topic: Airlines’ bad month continues as Delta passengers on Tampa to LA flight tortured in flight.  (Read 726 times)

Wingnut

Oh the humanity.  The horor...  when will it end!

Adding to a difficult month for commercial airlines that has already seen a man brutally dragged from a United plane, and an American flight attendant wrenching a stroller away from a crying mother before nearly coming to blows with another passenger, Delta passengers headed from Tampa to Los Angeles were recently subjected to Kenny G playing his saxophone.

In video obtained by TMZ, we see a scene that has become all too common in recent weeks. Innocent customers—at the mercy of a dehumanizing system that treats them as so much cargo—just trying to get home to their families without any conflict or smooth jazz. Suddenly, there is an ominous announcement over the P.A. system: the crew is raising money for the charity Relay For Life, and if they hit the $2,000 mark, they will be forced to send Kenny G through the aisles to play his soprano sax for them. The passengers sit silent, helplessly cowed, while Kenny G takes over the mic, sounding almost apologetic. His hand has been forced by the Delta agents who asked him to do it. He has to obey their regulations; it’s right there in the Contract of Carriage. What else can he do?

“This is for a good cause,” Kenny G says defensively, insisting that it’s for everyone’s benefit. “I have to brush my teeth first before I play my saxophone,” he adds, giving everyone a five-minute warning.

http://www.avclub.com/article/airlines-bad-month-continues-kenny-g-plays-concert-254179

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Poor Kenny G, still the butt of jokes. Has he retired?

Wingnut

Kenny blows.

He is the Michael Bolton of the horn.   

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
As domestic airlines go Delta is one of the better.   Then again the competitive bar is set quite low.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

geronl

What are the odds of getting aboard super-cheap as a "stand-by"?

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
What are the odds of getting aboard super-cheap as a "stand-by"?

They're pretty good about 5 days from now.  Not so good today
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.