Author Topic: Trump and Congress eye shutdown showdown over border wall  (Read 633 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump and Congress eye shutdown showdown over border wall
« on: April 24, 2017, 04:26:15 pm »
 Trump and Congress eye shutdown showdown over border wall

The deadline to fund the government is fast approaching, and neither Democrats nor the White House is backing down.

By Rachael Bade , Burgess Everett and Kyle Cheney

04/23/17 05:01 PM EDT

President Donald Trump and Congress are on a collision course over government funding this week, as the White House demands money for a border wall with Mexico and Democrats vow it will never see a penny.

But just five days out from a government shutdown, Trump appears headed for disappointment. Democrats are signaling they’re unlikely to cave, and Hill Republicans are already pressing the administration to fight another day.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/23/trump-congress-shutdown-border-wall-237502
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Re: Trump and Congress eye shutdown showdown over border wall
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 05:18:18 pm »
Trump appears headed for disappointment. Democrats are signaling they’re unlikely to cave, and Hill Republicans are already pressing the administration to fight another day.

How typical. The Pubs are terrified of another govt shutdown, but it's not the same as when a Rat is POTUS. The Rat POTUS will stop SS payments in order to create pressure on the PUbs. Pres. Trump doesn't have to stop payments to SS there are enough tax receipts to cover that. I hope Pres. Trump calls their bluff and let the American people see we can get along just fine without "non-critical" govt agencies.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 05:56:34 pm »
Recently heard Ed Rollins being interviewed by Lou Dobbs.

Rollins said a Republican President shouldn't have to fight a Republican majority Congress, over the very issues THEY had run on for years. Obamacare, cutting spending, border security to name a few.

He criticized Ryan in particular.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 06:05:34 pm »
Recently heard Ed Rollins being interviewed by Lou Dobbs.

Rollins said a Republican President shouldn't have to fight a Republican majority Congress, over the very issues THEY had run on for years. Obamacare, cutting spending, border security to name a few.

He criticized Ryan in particular.

He is so right!

The inability to repeal obamacare after 7 years of promises that this would be done makes it less and less likely I'll support any of them in the future. My disgust with all of them is so great I can't describe it's limits. About the only ones left to support are the HFC.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home