Author Topic: CA - This California sheriff bucks trend, calls for 'anti-sanctuary' policies on immi  (Read 382 times)

rangerrebew

CA - This California sheriff bucks trend, calls for 'anti-sanctuary' policies on immi

April 23, 2017
    Ruben Vives and Richard Winton

Moore than three years ago, Kern County Sheriff Donny Youngblood made headlines when he defied the California Trust Act, a law signed by Gov. Jerry Brown that restricts cooperation between local law enforcement officials and federal immigration agents. His stance riled the governor and California’s immigrant-rights groups.

Now, Youngblood is making headlines once again over immigration.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...420-story.html

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Kern County Bakersfield has always been against most California trends.

I recall moving there watching the news about numerous bank robberies occurring in Los Angeles and asking a Bakersfield local whether it had similar problems.

He told me, yes, they had a bank robbery once a couple of years back.  All the robbers were killed during the robbery.

No more bank robberies since.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Kern County Bakersfield has always been against most California trends.

I recall moving there watching the news about numerous bank robberies occurring in Los Angeles and asking a Bakersfield local whether it had similar problems.

He told me, yes, they had a bank robbery once a couple of years back.  All the robbers were killed during the robbery.

No more bank robberies since.
Yeah, they're bucking the trend alright, their crime rate is higher than California overall..........now.
https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ca/bakersfield/crime
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 12:33:11 am by GtHawk »