Author Topic: New Orleans takes down 1st of 4 Confederate statues  (Read 686 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New Orleans takes down 1st of 4 Confederate statues
« on: April 24, 2017, 01:56:47 pm »

Apr 24, 9:30 AM EDT

By JESSE J. HOLLAND and GERALD HERBERT
Associated Press

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Workers in New Orleans removed the first of four prominent Confederate monuments Monday morning, making the city the latest Southern institution to sever itself from symbols viewed by many as a representation of racism and white supremacy.

The Liberty Place monument, which commemorates whites who tried to topple a biracial post-Civil War government in New Orleans, was taken away on a truck in pieces around 5:35 a.m. after a few hours of work.

The removal happened early in the morning in an attempt to avoid disruption from supporters who want the monuments to stay, some of whom city officials said have made death threats.

more w/video
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CONFEDERATE_STATUES_NEW_ORLEANS?SITE=MYPSP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-04-24-02-39-51
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

Re: New Orleans takes down 1st of 4 Confederate statues
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 01:59:50 pm »
I know someone who was planning to go there tomorrow.  Dang it.  Right at the end of Iberville...I missed getting there myself. 

Google StreetView of it: https://goo.gl/maps/8KDuLFNUmG12
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 02:06:59 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 07:59:52 pm »
Apr 24, 9:30 AM EDT

By JESSE J. HOLLAND and GERALD HERBERT
Associated Press

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Workers in New Orleans removed the first of four prominent Confederate monuments Monday morning, making the city the latest Southern institution to sever itself from symbols viewed by many as a representation of racism and white supremacy.

The Liberty Place monument, which commemorates whites who tried to topple a biracial post-Civil War government in New Orleans, was taken away on a truck in pieces around 5:35 a.m. after a few hours of work.

The removal happened early in the morning in an attempt to avoid disruption from supporters who want the monuments to stay, some of whom city officials said have made death threats.

more w/video
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CONFEDERATE_STATUES_NEW_ORLEANS?SITE=MYPSP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-04-24-02-39-51
Missing from article?  The Battle of Liberty Place was started by the Crescent League White League, a Democrat party group.

This helps tidy up the obvious problems the Dems have with being the party of Jim Crow and the Confederacy.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 12:06:52 am »
New Orleans?
Who would want to go there?
What for?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 12:10:41 am »
Missing from article?  The Battle of Liberty Place was started by the Crescent League White League, a Democrat party group.

This helps tidy up the obvious problems the Dems have with being the party of Jim Crow and the Confederacy.
Down the memory hole, Winston!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis