Author Topic: Bill Nye Makes A False Claim About The US Constitution — Again  (Read 589 times)

rangerrebew

Bill Nye Makes A False Claim About The US Constitution — Again

Michael Bastasch
9:12 PM 04/23/2017

Bill Nye the “Science Guy” tried to claim the Constitution supported the concerns of thousands of scientists and environmental activists who took to the streets on Earth Day to protest the Trump administration’s proposed budget cuts to federal agencies.

“If you suppress science, if you pretend climate change isn’t a real problem, you will fall behind other countries that do invest in science, that do invest in basic research,” Nye told CNN Saturday as the “March for Science” took place.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/23/bill-nye-makes-a-false-claim-about-the-us-constitution-again/#ixzz4fAMdWxNA

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Bill Nye Makes A False Claim About The US Constitution — Again
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 12:05:42 pm »
Stick to science, Nye. You only get that wrong about 50% of the time.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 12:25:47 pm »
Even the copyright clause has been grossly corrupted. "Limited time" now means for the rest of your life, plus your heirs get to profit off your work for 75 more years after that... but that's another discussion.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 12:26:19 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 12:38:18 pm »
Even the copyright clause has been grossly corrupted. "Limited time" now means for the rest of your life, plus your heirs get to profit off your work for 75 more years after that... but that's another discussion.

BINGO!  An underdiscussed topic of corruption, IMO.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 02:53:21 pm »
A long time ago when taking science classes they would emphasis "the scientific method".  It was exactly what you'd think it was.

Today the "scientific method" had a new meaning - science is whatever I say it is.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 03:06:51 pm »
A long time ago when taking science classes they would emphasis "the scientific method".  It was exactly what you'd think it was.

Today the "scientific method" had a new meaning - science is whatever I say it is.
You nailed it. Under the influence of leftist (Marxist) thought which pervades the educational system from top-to-bottom, politics must now supersede all else, especially scientific method - because the far left COUNTS on ignorant people being more easily swayed to "correct leftist thought" by the far left's relentless, unrepentant mendacity.

They want students to think INDUCTIVELY, to cherry-picked information which fits the pre-ordained template established by the elite (ex."AGW is real") not to use deductive reasoning with objective information to apply critical thinking and impartial analysis to reach their own conclusions.

The far left seeks to promulgate and exploit ignorance while conservatives and other normal people seek to correct and eradicate it.

The far left seeks also to exploit the tendency for a significant percentage of the public to want to regress to an infantile state where most of the important decisions in their lives are made by others (quasi "parental" authorities i.e., the State).

The far left seeks to regress the national mind set back to the ancient attitude where most of the population regarded the Ruling Class (royalty) as their betters, and regarded their own rightful place as obedient servants, rather than partners in governing their own nation.

That is why far leftists have such an affinity for Hollywood, which creates and sustains what amounts to American "royalty" (Superstars) to be adored, worshiped, envied, obeyed granted unlimited license, never intensely questioned, and never strongly criticized.

Similarly the far left wants to be the only ideological faction to enjoy free speech, deeming all who disagree with them strongly to be "inferior" and "beneath serious regard" (as the British Ruling Class used to regard "peasants"). The far left has adopted the same mind set as the bad guys in  Brave New World with the self-assurance that they themselves are "more-equal than others".

Hence the odious, Stalineque identity politics which does not even bother engaging or debating substantively on issued, but instead declares that those who disagree with leftists are "evil" and that violence (including murder) is justifiable in suppressing and eradicating them.

So for far leftists, "Democrat" is largely and increasingly synonymous with "fascist". They use as the basis for this psychotic, swaggering self assurance in their own superiority, the words of Nietzsche in his essay, "Beyond MOrality" in which he asserted that the "uber menches" (the superior human beings) who he believed had a duty to "save Humanity" had to grant themselves the license to live and function, "beyond morality". The fact that an endless parade of despotic ideologies from Hitler to Stalin on down the line throughout history since, have grotesquely misconstrued what Nietzsche meant by that, and twisted it into an excuse for totalitarian amorality, criminality, homicidal /genocidal lunacy of every description.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 03:38:46 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 03:46:23 pm »
What, me worry?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org