Author Topic: Donald Trump to Hold Rally Same Night as White House Correspondents Dinner  (Read 1585 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Donald Trump to Hold Rally Same Night as White House Correspondents Dinner
Variety, Apr 22, 2017

In a counter-programming twist, president Donald Trump has scheduled a Pennsylvania rally the same night as the White House Correspondents Dinner.

“Next Saturday night I will be holding a BIG rally in Pennsylvania. Look forward to it!” he tweeted on Saturday.

Trump had previously announced that he would skip the annual event in Washington D.C., breaking a long tradition of the president dining with, and often getting roasted by, the media. The White House staff also will forgo the event.

The dinner, hosted by the White House Correspondents’ Association, is set for April 29 at the Washington Hilton. Hasan Minhaj, correspondent for “The Daily Show,” will be the featured entertainer.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/donald-trump-to-hold-rally-same-night-as-white-house-correspondents-dinner-1202392968/

Online Right_in_Virginia

88devil

Offline Frank Cannon

Hilarious.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
One fragile ego and a room full of fragile egos, battling each other for attention while no one really notices or cares.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

Why does he have to have a rally?  Doesn't he know the campaign is over and he won? 

Just like Obama.   The never-ending campaign.  And who cares how much these events cost the taxpayers?

Offline Frank Cannon

Why does he have to have a rally?  Doesn't he know the campaign is over and he won? 

Just like Obama.   The never-ending campaign.  And who cares how much these events cost the taxpayers?

You know that the President costs us money just sleeping in his bed, right?

Offline Applewood

You know that the President costs us money just sleeping in his bed, right?

Of course, he does. But why do Trump and Obama expect us to foot the bill for their every vanity?  That's what these campaign speeches are -- vanities designed to inflate their already massive egos.   

Online Right_in_Virginia

It was not a campaign @Applewood -- it was the start of a movement.  And the movement isn't over.

Payment for the event comes from Trump 2020 campaign funds.  His supporters paid for it, not you, so no need to worry.

Offline Applewood

It was not a campaign @Applewood -- it was the start of a movement.  And the movement isn't over.

Payment for the event comes from Trump 2020 campaign funds.  His supporters paid for it, not you, so no need to worry.

Two words:  Secret Service

And I'm sure he's not flying United.

Offline corbe

This has a whiff of the time he skipped out on a Debate for his Vetathon, But, you know he hasn't forgotten about obummer roasting him as the press fawned in 2011, some suggesting this spawned his Presidential ambitions, Bigly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TwRmX6zs4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TwRmX6zs4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TwRmX6zs4
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 10:00:50 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Of course, he does. But why do Trump and Obama expect us to foot the bill for their every vanity?  That's what these campaign speeches are -- vanities designed to inflate their already massive egos.   

If you look at it in a Hate Donny sort of way. I look at it as him keeping up moral and support for his people so he can keep his agenda on track. The MSM and establishment is kicking the shit out of him every second of the day. This is his version of Reagan going around the mouthpieces and directly to the people.

Online Right_in_Virginia

If you look at it in a Hate Donny sort of way. I look at it as him keeping up moral and support for his people so he can keep his agenda on track. The MSM and establishment is kicking the shit out of him every second of the day. This is his version of Reagan going around the mouthpieces and directly to the people.

:thumbsup3:

Offline Applewood

Oh here we go again with the hate Donnie thing. 

Funny how Obama ran around the country and to every posh locale in the world and people crowed about his free-spending ways.  But Trump does the same thing, and it's now ok. 

I don't recall President Reagan constantly campaigning all over the country. If he had something to say to the American people, he went on tv.

Offline kevindavis007

Oh here we go again with the hate Donnie thing. 

Funny how Obama ran around the country and to every posh locale in the world and people crowed about his free-spending ways.  But Trump does the same thing, and it's now ok. 

I don't recall President Reagan constantly campaigning all over the country. If he had something to say to the American people, he went on tv.

I don't think Reagan would have used Twitter to complain about the media.  In reality, as much as I hate the media, the complaining about the media is getting old. In reality, if Trump was a tough guy, he would have gone to the dinner..
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 12:54:44 am by kevindavis »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

I don't think Reagan would have used Twitter to complain about the media.  In reality, as much as I hate the media, the complaining about the media is getting old. In reality, if Trump was a tough guy, he would have gone to the dinner..

Reagan was a very decent guy who got past any petty arguments he may have had pretty quickly. He certainly didn't wallow in them to draw attention to himself.

Offline LonestarDream

Winning ! Winning!! Winning!!!

If only Either Bush had the guts or acumen to take on the fake media like this.

One fragile ego and a room full of fragile egos, battling each other for attention while no one really notices or cares.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline kevindavis007

Reagan was a very decent guy who got past any petty arguments he may have had pretty quickly. He certainly didn't wallow in them to draw attention to himself.

Reagan's job was to be President of all Americans..  Something that both sides seems to forget nowadays.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Reagan's job was to be President of all Americans..  Something that both sides seems to forget nowadays.

True enough. While that doesn't mean he did what the opposition wanted, he did treat them with respect and didn't ridicule and bait them.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
LMAO...this should interrupt those in the Press Pool who usually accompany the POTUS on his trips..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

I agree.  Trump supporters say by not going to the dinner, he is "winning."  I say he is acting like a little kid.  ("They will be mean to me, so I'm not going")  For an allegedly tough guy, he sure is sensitive.  Or at least,  that's the way it looks.

That said -- he can attend or not attend.   It's his decision.  But I say, if he wants to keep his supporters interested and enthusiastic, he should forget the never-ending campaign rallies, stay home and work on fulfilling his campaign promises. On that score, he really is not making all that much progress.

Offline kevindavis007

I agree.  Trump supporters say by not going to the dinner, he is "winning."  I say he is acting like a little kid.  ("They will be mean to me, so I'm not going")  For an allegedly tough guy, he sure is sensitive.  Or at least,  that's the way it looks.

That said -- he can attend or not attend.   It's his decision.  But I say, if he wants to keep his supporters interested and enthusiastic, he should forget the never-ending campaign rallies, stay home and work on fulfilling his campaign promises. On that score, he really is not making all that much progress.

I agree it is his decision, however, if he doesn't make any progress, blaming the media (or the establishment from his supporters) won't cut it.