Author Topic: The Promise  (Read 659 times)

Offline libertybele

The Promise
« on: April 22, 2017, 08:05:21 pm »
Definitely don't listen to the critics.  This movie was absolutely excellent and I highly recommend it .  It's about the Armenian genocide that happened in Turkey and to this day the Turks still deny it happened.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwut1DUXaZc
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 08:08:13 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: The Promise
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 08:07:54 pm »
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,255391.0.html

There's another movie out, The Ottoman Lieutenant which is suppose to be a counter-film of all things. Yes, it's a great movie. Christian Bale makes some good movies imo.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 08:10:40 pm »
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,255391.0.html

There's another movie out, The Ottoman Lieutenant which is suppose to be a counter-film of all things. Yes, it's a great movie. Christian Bale makes some good movies imo.

Yes, rumor has it that the Turkish government funded the Ottoman Lieutenant...which after seeing the movie 'The Promise" I don't doubt.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 08:52:57 pm »
Thanks, @libertybele.  I had wondered if it was any good.