Author Topic: American Airlines employee accused of hitting woman with stroller, narrowly missing baby  (Read 1189 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 CBS News April 22, 2017, 8:32 AM
American Airlines employee accused of hitting woman with stroller, narrowly missing baby

Last Updated Apr 22, 2017 9:17 AM EDT

A dispute between passengers and an American Airlines employee is bringing another black eye to the airline industry, just weeks after a violent confrontation on a United plane went viral.

The latest incident occurred Friday on an American flight that was getting ready to take off from San Francisco to Dallas.

A video posted to Facebook captured the moments after an employee allegedly took a stroller from a woman and hit her with it, narrowly missing the baby in her arms. The video shows the distraught woman holding her baby and crying, asking flight attendants to give her the stroller back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KuicmwiGAk

more
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/american-airlines-employee-allegedly-hits-woman-with-stroller-narrowly-missing-baby/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Debra Burlingame
Just now ·

The latest American Airlines video is unfair. The woman brought a double stroller (they are HUGE) for her twins onto the plane and was screaming at the male flight attendant that she wouldn't let him take it. When he did, he accidently hit her with it and she started crying, probably because THEY WEIGH A TON. Passengers are allowed to use them to board, then they get tagged, and put in the belly of the plane. Upon arrival, they are immediately taken out of cargo, and brought up the jetway stairs for the parents to put their baby in...and roll out to the gate area. Easy peasy. But this mother was shouting and screaming no. That part isn't on the video. And an Alpha Male stands up doing a chest bump. Being a flight crew member in the age of smart phone videos would be a nightmare.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Debra Burlingame
Just now ·

The latest American Airlines video is unfair. The woman brought a double stroller (they are HUGE) for her twins onto the plane and was screaming at the male flight attendant that she wouldn't let him take it.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I would have been perfectly fine with the airline removing the trouble maker in the blue and white shirt .... but the airline has already folded:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I've been through labor and several major surgeries and I didn't cry as much as this lady did.....another big payoff coming her way...
Support the USO

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

I have flown to many foreign countries; my last flight was in 2000. Thank goodness I didn't do that after the towers fell in 2001 and air flight became a nightmare.  Now days, I wouldn't know what I could take or not take on a plane.  (One time I took a large concrete Armadillo to my son in London.  I put it in a carry on bag and we had numerous other people with us, so a man would carry it for me so no one knew there was a very, very, heavy object inn there.  These days if I tried that, I would likely be arrested for having a heavy "weapon" in my bag.)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Debra Burlingame
Just now ·

The latest American Airlines video is unfair. The woman brought a double stroller (they are HUGE) for her twins onto the plane and was screaming at the male flight attendant that she wouldn't let him take it. When he did, he accidently hit her with it and she started crying, probably because THEY WEIGH A TON. Passengers are allowed to use them to board, then they get tagged, and put in the belly of the plane. Upon arrival, they are immediately taken out of cargo, and brought up the jetway stairs for the parents to put their baby in...and roll out to the gate area. Easy peasy. But this mother was shouting and screaming no. That part isn't on the video. And an Alpha Male stands up doing a chest bump. Being a flight crew member in the age of smart phone videos would be a nightmare.

IMHO, something was lost in translation here. The mother has a very thick accent so English may not have been her first language. She may have thought the stroller was being taken from her for good, not just checked so she would get it back after she de-boards. (I see this all the time). The way Cash Me Outside attendant was acting at the point the video started rolling, it sure doesn't sound like he had the people skills or patience to try to explain it to her and probably let it or made it escalate.

Trying to play a bit of empathy here, imagine this mother, who may not speak English well, traveling with what some articles say are 3 small children (two babies who need the stroller), with no one to help her. She is thinking if her stroller is taken away, she is going to land and have to find a way to somehow carry these two babies and her luggage wherever she is going? On top of that who knows what other stresses and it seems she would be scared of an impossible situation confronting her.

This is why flight attendants should be professionals who can work and emphasize with the customer to come up with the best resolution, not escalate the situation.

Sure she was wrong on many levels, but why was she wrong? Most likely initiated by a failure of the airline to correctly advise her at the gate then to later try to resolve her situation where she understood she isn't facing such a daunting situation when she lands.

I've seen cases like this before (strollers, crutches and such taken from passengers) and the attendants were always empathetic and reassuring and did everything they could to ensure the customer felt at ease.

The attendant just seemed to want to be the next Cash Me Outside girl. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trying to play a bit of empathy here, imagine this mother, who may not speak English well, traveling with what some articles say are 3 small children (two babies who need the stroller), with no one to help her.

If she is under this much stress traveling with 3 young tots she shouldn't be traveling....I take the Airlines side on this one....her stress and confusion was at fault here but I am sure a nice big check will make her feel better.
Support the USO

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
In related news, the attendant in question has just been offered lifetime employment at United.

****drummer
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I love driving, even with a baby its better than flying.

Offline Applewood

Well, now that the guy dragged off the United plane is suing, expect more of these incidents to occur as people realize there is money to be made.

Those double strollers are a PITA.  Some of them are about the size of a compact Buick.    I ride a public bus, and these women get on with these massive strollers. They block the aisles and at times take up seats.  Apparently, some of those strollers don't fold, or fold very little.  So you're trying to get on or off a bus and you have to crawl all over these strollers haging out in the aisle.   They should be outlawed on any mode of public transportation.

I carry a cane and on a plane, I either have to fit the cane in the overheads or give it to a flight attendant who usually finds some place for it.  If this woman doesn't know she can't just leave a stroller in the aisle or in her seat row, she shouldn't be flying.

geronl

If she is under this much stress traveling with 3 young tots she shouldn't be traveling....

I can't presume to know why she was traveling, maybe she doesn't have much choice.

Offline LonestarDream

Very well stated.  Too bad this American Airlines.  I am flying to Chicago on American and am specifically avoiding United.

IMHO, something was lost in translation here. The mother has a very thick accent so English may not have been her first language. She may have thought the stroller was being taken from her for good, not just checked so she would get it back after she de-boards. (I see this all the time). The way Cash Me Outside attendant was acting at the point the video started rolling, it sure doesn't sound like he had the people skills or patience to try to explain it to her and probably let it or made it escalate.

Trying to play a bit of empathy here, imagine this mother, who may not speak English well, traveling with what some articles say are 3 small children (two babies who need the stroller), with no one to help her. She is thinking if her stroller is taken away, she is going to land and have to find a way to somehow carry these two babies and her luggage wherever she is going? On top of that who knows what other stresses and it seems she would be scared of an impossible situation confronting her.

This is why flight attendants should be professionals who can work and emphasize with the customer to come up with the best resolution, not escalate the situation.

Sure she was wrong on many levels, but why was she wrong? Most likely initiated by a failure of the airline to correctly advise her at the gate then to later try to resolve her situation where she understood she isn't facing such a daunting situation when she lands.

I've seen cases like this before (strollers, crutches and such taken from passengers) and the attendants were always empathetic and reassuring and did everything they could to ensure the customer felt at ease.

The attendant just seemed to want to be the next Cash Me Outside girl.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?