Author Topic: Trump scoffs at 100-day mark as ‘ridiculous standard’  (Read 2666 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump scoffs at 100-day mark as ‘ridiculous standard’
« on: April 21, 2017, 06:07:24 pm »

The president appears to be managing expectations ahead of the historic milestone next Saturday.

By Louis Nelson

04/21/17 08:13 AM EDT

Updated 04/21/17 11:11 AM EDT

President Donald Trump on Friday claimed that he won’t get the credit he deserves for the first 100 days of his administration, seeking to manage expectations around what he called the “ridiculous standard” of the upcoming milestone date.

“No matter how much I accomplish during the ridiculous standard of the first 100 days, & it has been a lot (including S.C.), media will kill!” Trump tweeted on Friday morning.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/21/trump-criticize-100-days-standard-237446
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Re: Trump scoffs at 100-day mark as ‘ridiculous standard’
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 06:12:50 pm »
lol.

He and his were the ones boasting about restoring America in 100 days

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 09:16:51 pm »
Quit whining, Donald. You knew about the 100 days thing when you applied for the job.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 09:58:55 pm »

The president appears to be managing expectations ahead of the historic milestone next Saturday.

By Louis Nelson

04/21/17 08:13 AM EDT

Updated 04/21/17 11:11 AM EDT

President Donald Trump on Friday claimed that he won’t get the credit he deserves for the first 100 days of his administration, seeking to manage expectations around what he called the “ridiculous standard” of the upcoming milestone date.

“No matter how much I accomplish during the ridiculous standard of the first 100 days, & it has been a lot (including S.C.), media will kill!” Trump tweeted on Friday morning.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/21/trump-criticize-100-days-standard-237446

Actually, he is right.  We elected a man who had no experience in government, partly because he had no experience in government.

I don't think an arbitrary timeline should be imposed and certainly not an early one for a President who is still feeling his way.

How about a year?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 10:03:21 pm »
As a reminder, he is the one who promised over and over on many issues a 'first 100 days plan'.

It was a milestone he set himself. At that, he even named it himself his: First 100 Day Plan to Make America Great Again.

Flashback as an example: https://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/11/09/here-it-comes-trumps-100-day-plan-make-america-great-again

He can't complain about the 'ridiculous standard' when it was a standard he set, pronounced, and ran on.

If he thought it was ridiculous, he shouldn't have set such a measurable milestone.

Offline ABX

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 10:04:08 pm »
I don't think an arbitrary timeline should be imposed and certainly not an early one for a President who is still feeling his way.

It isn't an arbitrary number the media just started proclaiming, it was a milestone he set himself and ran on. https://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/11/09/here-it-comes-trumps-100-day-plan-make-america-great-again

Offline ABX

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 10:05:20 pm »
From Donald Trump's own website, the "Contract with the American Voter- 100 Day Plan"

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/_landings/contract/O-TRU-102316-Contractv02.pdf

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 10:08:51 pm »
lol.

He's got 4 years to come up with a line about how foolish it is to think anyone can get anything done in just 4 years.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 10:09:00 pm »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 10:09:22 pm »
Consistency and truth telling have never been Donald's strong suits.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 10:10:02 pm »
He's got 4 years to come up with a line about how foolish it is to think anyone can get anything done in just 4 years.

And we all know he'll do just that, don't we?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 10:10:29 pm »
As a reminder, he is the one who promised over and over on many issues a 'first 100 days plan'.

It was a milestone he set himself. At that, he even named it himself his: First 100 Day Plan to Make America Great Again.

Flashback as an example: https://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/11/09/here-it-comes-trumps-100-day-plan-make-america-great-again

He can't complain about the 'ridiculous standard' when it was a standard he set, pronounced, and ran on.

If he thought it was ridiculous, he shouldn't have set such a measurable milestone.

And we are supposed to forget that it is his republican "friends" in Congress holding him back?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 10:49:19 pm »
And we are supposed to forget that it is his republican "friends" in Congress holding him back?

One doesn't make friends by attacking them.

But I think the clear way to understand what he's saying is, "I am ridiculous", as he's just labeled his own product "ridiculous".
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ABX

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2017, 11:10:44 pm »
A bit of irony to smell.

One of Trump's own business tactics is to look for any little thing to try to avoid not paying a contractor. A missed deadline usually is a big one, even if it was implied. He says he forces them to sue him for payment and settle for less.

As linked above, his own website, he calls his 100 day plan a 'Contract with the voters'.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/_landings/contract/O-TRU-102316-Contractv02.pdf

Can you imagine if voters decided they would treat Trump the same way he treats those he does business with?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2017, 11:15:58 pm »
One doesn't make friends by attacking them.

But I think the clear way to understand what he's saying is, "I am ridiculous", as he's just labeled his own product "ridiculous".

I have observed the president doing everything he possibly can to fulfill his promises with the establishment, regardless of the party they are affiliated with, fighting him every step of the way.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 11:19:19 pm »
...hmm...let's see...during Bammy's first 100 days we were dealing with him bailing out banks, his stimulus package(s) and his housing plan(s).  Did I mention that Congress gave domestic government agencies 8 percent more money, on average, to spend on top of the whopping $787 billion in economic stimulus funds?  He also named Governor Kathleen Sebelius to lead his health reform effort.  All of these were FAILURES.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ABX

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2017, 11:20:57 pm »
I have observed the president doing everything he possibly can to fulfill his promises with the establishment, regardless of the party they are affiliated with, fighting him every step of the way.

??????

Have we been watching something different? I have seen him side with the establishment and demean and attack the Freedom Caucus all while shifting further and further left on key issues.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 11:23:44 pm »

??????

Have we been watching something different? I have seen him side with the establishment and demean and attack the Freedom Caucus all while shifting further and further left on key issues.

I guess one of us has a problem with their vision.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2017, 12:15:08 am »
uh huh

What I see is someone who cannot distinguish between vision and mirage.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2017, 01:10:11 am »

??????

It is no secret that the 'establishment' would like nothing more than to see Trump fail.  They have made that very clear even before he was nominated and now that he is president they have been fighting him every inch of the way.  Trump's first mistake was trusting Ryan (though I believe a deal was made a long time ago) when he told him he had a healthcare plan that would pass.  Trump's second mistake was not adhering to his promise of 'repealing' Bammycare; again he made the mistake of listening to Ryan and his establishment cronies. Trump's third mistake was blaming the Freedom Caucus for Ryan's lack of success and threatening them.  So...normally...it's three strikes and you're out!  The fact still remains President Trump got rid of Hillary and we have Gorsuch on the Supreme Court, illegal immigration is way down and deportations are up, Syria, North Korea, Russia and Iran have been given notice ... there's a new sheriff in town.

If we don't get a wall, I blame Congress as they hold the purse strings. The silence from Congress over the rulings from lower courts halting his immigrant ban has been deafening.  We hold the majority yet the RINO's in Congress seem to still be marching to the beat of the liberal drum with Ryan leading the parade.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 01:12:08 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2017, 01:29:49 am »
It is no secret that the 'establishment' would like nothing more than to see Trump fail.  They have made that very clear even before he was nominated and now that he is president they have been fighting him every inch of the way.  Trump's first mistake was trusting Ryan (though I believe a deal was made a long time ago) when he told him he had a healthcare plan that would pass.  Trump's second mistake was not adhering to his promise of 'repealing' Bammycare; again he made the mistake of listening to Ryan and his establishment cronies. Trump's third mistake was blaming the Freedom Caucus for Ryan's lack of success and threatening them.  So...normally...it's three strikes and you're out!  The fact still remains President Trump got rid of Hillary and we have Gorsuch on the Supreme Court, illegal immigration is way down and deportations are up, Syria, North Korea, Russia and Iran have been given notice ... there's a new sheriff in town.

If we don't get a wall, I blame Congress as they hold the purse strings. The silence from Congress over the rulings from lower courts halting his immigrant ban has been deafening.  We hold the majority yet the RINO's in Congress seem to still be marching to the beat of the liberal drum with Ryan leading the parade.

FWIW, I see Trump as a POTUS trying to do good things. And I view Congress as the impediment to the betterment of this country. They haven't done much but glorify themselves now for a LONG time.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2017, 03:22:06 am »
lol.

Well, see, that was before he actually had 100 days in office.  Sometimes Trump talks too much.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2017, 01:08:35 am »
Let's take a walk down memory lane ...

..."Some presidents got off to a rocky start in their first 100 days.

Take Bill Clinton. He won an early victory by moving a $1.5 trillion budget outline through Congress, which was controlled by fellow Democrats. But Clinton's first 100 days in 1993 were also marked by a string of political setbacks and public-relations disasters. They included his decision to allow gays to serve in the military under a "don't ask, don't tell" standard. This meant that the military would no longer ask if its members were homosexual.....

.....Clinton also ran into trouble in naming an attorney general, over winning congressional approval of an economic stimulus package, and over disorganization at the White House. Perhaps most important, he alienated many legislators by placing his wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton, in charge of healthcare reform and not adequately consulting Congress about her proposals. His opponents were able to portray the package as a massive government intervention, and the defeat of Mrs. Clinton's plan set back the cause of healthcare reform for years.....

....and then Bammy shoved Bammycare down our throats .....

I'm not so sure we should be ridiculing President Trump!

https://www.usnews.com/news/history/articles/2009/03/19/the-first-100-days-clinton-and-ford-got-off-to-a-rocky-start

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2017, 05:54:08 am »
on-and-ford-got-off-to-a-rocky-start

That's right. Can't ever judge Trump objectively. Always have to say, "But what about [somebody else]?"

Fact is, the standard was set by Trump himself, and by his own standard, he's been a failure.

If "Congress" is the excuse, then why should anyone feel anything but derision for those who pushed a moron candidate who wanted to be Chief Executive without a basic understanding of our nation's government, despite him supposedly studying it for decades?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2017, 09:45:10 am »

..."Some presidents got off to a rocky start in their first 100 days.

Take Bill Clinton. He won an early victory by moving a $1.5 trillion budget outline through Congress, which was controlled by fellow Democrats. But Clinton's first 100 days in 1993 were also marked by a string of political setbacks and public-relations disasters. They included his decision to allow gays to serve in the military under a "don't ask, don't tell" standard. This meant that the military would no longer ask if its members were homosexual.....

.....Clinton also ran into trouble in naming an attorney general, over winning congressional approval of an economic stimulus package, and over disorganization at the White House. Perhaps most important, he alienated many legislators by placing his wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton, in charge of healthcare reform and not adequately consulting Congress about her proposals. His opponents were able to portray the package as a massive government intervention, and the defeat of Mrs. Clinton's plan set back the cause of healthcare reform for years.....

....and then Bammy shoved Bammycare down our throats .....

I'm not so sure we should be ridiculing President Trump!

https://www.usnews.com/news/history/articles/2009/03/19/the-first-100-days-clinton-and-ford-got-off-to-a-rocky-start

Good luck with that, @libertybele

Certain members' reasons for even being here...ragging on President Trump, thinking each day will be the, "I TOLD YOU SO!", day!

But leave them alone.   Evidently, they relish in their a##holiness. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald