Author Topic: Senate leader investigating possible FBI deception about Texas terror attack  (Read 459 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/20/senate-leader-investigating-possible-fbi-deception-about-texas-terror-attack.html

A powerful U.S. senator has launched an investigation into whether the FBI knew about a planned attack by ISIS-inspired terrorists at an anti-Muslim cartoon show in the Dallas area and did nothing to stop it -- and also misled the lawmaker about circumstances of the 2015 attack.

Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wisc., chairman of the Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee, said he learned from a recent national media report that the FBI was tailing the two terrorists, Elton Simpson, 31, and Nadir Soofi, 34, and an agent was just steps away when the pair jumped from their car and began shooting at police guarding the "Draw Mohammad" event at the Curtis Culwell Center in the Dallas suburb of Garland, Texas. The terrorists, who pledged allegiance to ISIS, struck Bruce Joiner, an unarmed security guard, in the leg, before snipers killed them. The attack was significant because it was the first that the Islamic State took credit for on U.S. soil. Soofi and Simpson had been in touch with an ISIS recruiter in Somalia.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

geronl

I remember that attack. Trump blamed the artists and Pam Geller for making Muslims mad.