Author Topic: University Student Group Votes To Give Free Tuition To Black People  (Read 851 times)

rangerrebew

University Student Group Votes To Give Free Tuition To Black People

April 20, 2017| by Brian Anderson

For whatever reason the message of equality from the 1960’s civil rights movement is completely lost on the new generation. They want separate but equal facilities for minorities and in many case separate but unequal rules. The Western Kentucky University Student Government Association juts passed a resolution to give free tuition to all black people, because charging them the same thing as everyone else is apparently “white supremacy.”

This is more of the same silliness and I almost didn’t write about it, but something caught my eye. This is from the BG Daily News:

https://downtrend.com/71superb/university-student-group-votes-to-give-free-tuition-to-black-people
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 11:39:19 am by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: University Student Group Votes To Give Free Tuition To Black People
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 11:42:16 am »
It could be accomplished one of two ways.  The state of Kentucky could have a special tax for "cracker" gradates of Western K where they pay in their taxes the cost of the educations of all blacks.  Or.  The tuition of "honkies" could be raised so they pay for the educations while in college. :whistle:

geronl

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 11:47:52 am »
Let me guess that this resolution has no money behind it

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 11:57:02 am »
Start paying for the "free" tuition out of administrative and teaching staff salaries and watch how fast they want to shut it down.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 06:08:26 pm »
No problem, just add the cost to the student loans of these students that voted for this idiocy. They have the right to spend their money, not mine, and I don't owe any Black, White, Brown, Red, Purple or any other color of person a damn thing for history. How about we charge all descendant's of slaves in America reparations to the families of all who fought and died or were maimed fighting for their freedom. I bet if that happened you would see a drastic decrease of those who claim victim status from American slavery.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 06:13:24 pm »
The people who voted for this have no power to fund or implement it

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 06:14:58 pm »
The people who voted for this have no power to fund or implement it

They're counting on mom and dad to fund it, as usual.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 01:41:17 am »
Start paying for the "free" tuition out of administrative and teaching staff salaries and watch how fast they want to shut it down.
Student activity fees, sports program money, to name a couple of targets, and PB & J on day old bread in the dining hall.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 01:53:22 am »
No problem, just add the cost to the student loans of these students that voted for this idiocy. They have the right to spend their money, not mine, and I don't owe any Black, White, Brown, Red, Purple or any other color of person a damn thing for history. How about we charge all descendant's of slaves in America reparations to the families of all who fought and died or were maimed fighting for their freedom. I bet if that happened you would see a drastic decrease of those who claim victim status from American slavery.
This might not be a popular concept, but how about reimbursing the former owners who were divested of their property with an ex post facto law without compensation. In gold coin at face value, of course? So many grievances so long ago. Time to quit.

None of the people who were owned or who owned anyone is still alive. Few who survived the war from the South finished it with the landholdings they had at the start, and many lost everything, whether it was a farm, plantation, mill, or other business, so I would call into question the whole 'logic' that they benefited from slave labor. What they had by 1880, they had built/rebuilt by themselves, and many moved west, having lost it all.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 01:56:13 am »
"University Student Group Votes To Give Free Tuition To Black People..."

Sounds like a blatant violation of the "equal protection clause" of the Fourteenth Amendment.

If I was in a conservative action group that challenges the left on campus issues, that's how I'd frame the attack.

rangerrebew

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2017, 07:55:25 pm »

At the very least any amount of money they may get should be lowered by a proportion of slaves owned by black and slaves owned by whites.  However, if a slave were owned by a black there should be no recovery and to get recovery, shouldn't a person have to prove their ancestors were owned by whites?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 08:57:48 pm »
I wonder how they define "black people"?  Is there some kind of test?  Maybe something like a litmus scale that can be used to determine skin tone?  What if someone spends a lot of time in the tanning booth, a la Rachel Dolezol?  Or, does a Shaun King?  How do you determine who pays and who doesn't?

geronl

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2017, 09:07:13 pm »
I've heard that most black ancestors came to American after slavery ended. How can we figure out which is which?

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 11:38:05 pm »
I've heard that most black ancestors came to American after slavery ended. How can we figure out which is which?
At the outbreak of hostilities, the number of free blacks in MD was almost equal to the number of slaves (within a thousand). Who is descended from which, and how does that get 'distributed'? If Gggggrandpapy was free, and Gggggrandma wasn't, does that mean a half share?

C S Lewis