Author Topic: Fox News Takes Sharp Left Turn  (Read 637 times)

rangerrebew

Fox News Takes Sharp Left Turn
« on: April 21, 2017, 11:22:24 am »
Fox News Takes Sharp Left Turn

By Judi McLeod —— Bio and Archives April 20, 2017

Now that the Murdochs have liberated-by-liberalizing Fox News, welcome to living in Dry Gulch, USA.

“Visiting the quaint Old West community of Dry Gulch, Jimmy quickly runs afoul of town bully Gunnar Flinch, who has an eye for Lois. Not necessarily a job for Superman, who nonetheless provides a still timely lesson on bullying.”

But that only came from the Adventures of Superman, ‘The Bully of Dry Gulch’, TV episode 1955.

In real life, the bad guys are who their enemies say they are, forever.

http://canadafreepress.com/article/fox-news-takes-sharp-left-turn
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 11:23:09 am by rangerrebew »

geronl

Re: Fox News Takes Sharp Left Turn
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 11:56:49 am »
Bill OReally is not conservative. Sexual harassment is not a conservative value.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 12:01:35 pm »
Bill OReally is not conservative. Sexual harassment is not a conservative value.

FOX has always been top heavy with NY values. It seems to be the 1 place Geraldo Rivera can't get fired from.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 12:09:26 pm »
FOX has always been top heavy with NY values. It seems to be the 1 place Geraldo Rivera can't get fired from.

great point

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 12:34:45 pm »
great point

Even those who were once conservative lose it over time living in that east coast media bubble. At best, conservatism becomes a role they play for money but they don't live it because it makes them an outsider among their friends and colleagues.

I can see the same thing inside my own family. We all grew up in a tiny rural town with few liberal influences. Of my aunts and uncles who went off to places like Minneapolis, Kalamazoo, and Ann Arbor, all became predictably liberal. My parents remained in our hometown and I lived there till I was in my mid 30s when I moved to the even smaller town I live in now. 1 sister still lives in our hometown and is an active member of our church. The other sister has lived in Livonia for years and is predictably liberal. My dad's side of the family are rural conservatives as are my stepmother's family and my stepsisters.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 12:42:07 pm »
Even those who were once conservative lose it over time living in that east coast media bubble. At best, conservatism becomes a role they play for money but they don't live it because it makes them an outsider among their friends and colleagues.

QFT

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 01:27:07 pm »
I would love to build my own flyover country internet media empire.

Most of my field reporters would be a mix of truly rural people, people who live in small cities of under 50,000 people, and reliable freelancers. The massive infrastructure for live field reporting is no longer needed with the availability cable internet and wifi in all but the most remote locations.

I would also have a half dozen regionally located big city newsrooms so people could choose their news feed. Those big city studios could do their regionally based fluff stories, reports from around the region and a few of the big national stories. The rest of the day those regional big city studios would broadcast a mix of regional and national news all day. The crawler on the bottom of the screen would tell what the other regions are reporting at the moment and a user could click and go to that story.

I also wouldn't have opinion shows like Hannity's or O'Reilly's. Instead I would give each regional station an hour of point/counterpoint banter on their regional issues and they could join other point/counterpoint discussions on big national issues "via satellite".

Basically force the media to remain in touch with flyover country people.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 01:27:50 pm by Cripplecreek »

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 01:28:22 pm »
Three lefts make a right.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 01:33:03 pm »
That media bubble is a corrupting influence, just like 'Beltway Fever', and strongly related.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 04:07:48 pm »
I would love to build my own flyover country internet media empire.

Most of my field reporters would be a mix of truly rural people, people who live in small cities of under 50,000 people, and reliable freelancers. The massive infrastructure for live field reporting is no longer needed with the availability cable internet and wifi in all but the most remote locations.

I would also have a half dozen regionally located big city newsrooms so people could choose their news feed. Those big city studios could do their regionally based fluff stories, reports from around the region and a few of the big national stories. The rest of the day those regional big city studios would broadcast a mix of regional and national news all day. The crawler on the bottom of the screen would tell what the other regions are reporting at the moment and a user could click and go to that story.

I also wouldn't have opinion shows like Hannity's or O'Reilly's. Instead I would give each regional station an hour of point/counterpoint banter on their regional issues and they could join other point/counterpoint discussions on big national issues "via satellite".

Basically force the media to remain in touch with flyover country people.

Do you know about One America News Network?  They're on DirecTV on channel 347, and elsewhere here:

Where to Watch
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2017, 12:17:28 am »
Again, we hear from those who did not vote for the right to life which the GOP once again stood for. Trump won and that value is stood up for. You turned your back on the most innocent, the unborn.  Touche.