Author Topic: Florida Teacher Bans Cross Necklaces in Class, Promotes LGBT Day of Silence  (Read 10529 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I am against public education.

"As long as we have a dictatorship-tyranny, we need a good person to run  it."

Abolish it. Quickly.

Well, don't tell me, write to your congressperson and President.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I absolutely loved my time in Germany (77-81).

My shorter time was at Wharton Barracks, in Heilbronn-1969-70. As a draftee I made Spec 5, and lived off base with my wife and daughter.

I was the battalion Morning Report clerk. As such I had to complete my work by 11:00 am, six days a week. My boss kept me off extra duty most of the time, and it was pretty easy duty.

We socialized with other young enlisted couples. Everybody knew of Gasthauses, of various types. 

One couple lived out in a village, walking distance to a Gasthaus, which we frequented. When each of us were headed back for discharge, the proprietor made a point to give us nice bottles of wine.

We had been good customers. No rowdiness, just young marrieds with babies. We had many good times. I had 3 years of German in high school, so caught on pretty quickly with language. But not before I made an unexpectedly big adjustment to regional dialect, from school version German.

At that time, there were no McDonalds, Walmarts or Starbucks. Just authentic Germany. It was rare to see an American brand or vehicle off the base.

If we take a trip to Europe, my wife wants to see Germany again. I would prefer exploring other places. Me: Spain/Portugal, Ireland/Scotland, Sweden.

I guess today they are overrun by muslims and McDonalds everywhere in Germany. Back in my day, some Turks did KP for us.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mirraflake

If we take a trip to Europe, my wife wants to see Germany again. I would prefer exploring other places. Me: Spain/Portugal, Ireland/Scotland, Sweden.

I guess today they are overrun by muslims and McDonalds everywhere in Germany.

My sister and BIL visited Germany  last summer to visit the little town and base he was first stationed in the late 70's.

Majority Muslim now because a refugee center was opened in the town nearby and they spread out.

The hotel clerk told them not to go out after dark. When my BIL visited the base my sister went to visit the family they rented a little apartment from  and the Muslim men gave her mean looks because she was by herself. The same family still owns the apartment but now the kids own it and they gave her plenty of hand wringing about the Muslims. 

Before  this she always thought I was being melodramatic about Muslims  taking over Europe...no longer. She was woken up.

@truth_seeker
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 07:28:34 pm by mirraflake »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I stand by my original opinion that you brought the gay marriage issue into a thread about something else

It's not about something else.   The issue is homosexuality and the homosexual agenda being promoted, insisted and championed as virtue while denouncing biblical Christians who are in the presence of those pushing homosexuality.  It's the same argument - just different venues and instances of how it is being pushed by activists and acolytes.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DiogenesLamp

My sister and BIL visited Germany  last summer to visit the little town and base he was first stationed in the late 70's.

Majority Muslim now because a refugee center was opened in the town nearby and they spread out.

The hotel clerk told them not to go out after dark. When my BIL visited the base my sister went to visit the family they rented a little apartment from  and the Muslim men gave her mean looks because she was by herself. The same family still owns the apartment but now the kids own it and they gave her plenty of hand wringing about the Muslims. 

Before  this she always thought I was being melodramatic about Muslims  taking over Europe...no longer. She was woken up.

@truth_seeker

I forget.   Was it you that said we shouldn't judge people as groups?  It might have been someone else.   

I'm with you on the Muslims.   They are a threat,  and the sooner people realize they are a threat,   the sooner steps can be taken to address the problem.   

I think the Islamic religion is simply incompatible with Western civilization.   It has a very different set of principles and a very different foundational basis. 

We can't have  tolerance or equality with Islam.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline mirraflake

I forget.   Was it you that said we shouldn't judge people as groups?  It might have been someone else.   

Yep it was me..I think..   I don't place gays in the same category as Muslims just as I don't place a Golden Retriever n the same category as  a wild wolf.

@DiogenesLamp

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The HS Adm says they had no idea this was going on until the letter came.  No students had come forward to complain to the Principal or staff.

Yeah right!  CYA time my friends CYA
It is possible they didn't. Not only would they be branded "haters" and sent for 'counseling', but there very well could be direct repercussions as well (by the teachers or school administration).

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

@driftdiver
@Freya
@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon
@txradioguy
@roamer_1

That father isn't going to let this die.  He will be at the board meeting.   
They need to pack the room, and distribute themselves around it if in low numbers in groups of 2-3. The scattering of people of like mind in the room makes it look like even more people agree, even if the GBLT set packs the room.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Night Hides Not

I'm with you on the Muslims.   They are a threat,  and the sooner people realize they are a threat,   the sooner steps can be taken to address the problem.   

I think the Islamic religion is simply incompatible with Western civilization.   It has a very different set of principles and a very different foundational basis. 

We can't have  tolerance or equality with Islam.

I live in Irving, home to two Islamic "centers". It's also the former home of Clock Boy.

IMHO, the Muslims in North Texas mostly seek to avoid publicity. Texans are a welcoming lot, i.e. live and let live. I think they also know their mosques would be smoking rubble within 24 hours if a full fledged Islamic terrorist attack occurred on Texas soil.

And the lawsuits by Clock Boy's dad were summarily dismissed.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It's not about something else.   The issue is homosexuality and the homosexual agenda being promoted, insisted and championed as virtue while denouncing biblical Christians who are in the presence of those pushing homosexuality.  It's the same argument - just different venues and instances of how it is being pushed by activists and acolytes.

Sorry if I insulted you.  I shouldn't have made that suggestion.

But I think you're blaming the wrong people.  It's the liberal judges and the ACLU who side with the activist gays on these matters.  It's not as though the gays who bring the lawsuits are being deprived of a service.  They could get the cakes or whatever dozens of other places.  The lawsuits are targeting people's religious beliefs but I blame the courts and the ACLU.

Otherwise, those lawsuits would be laughed out of town.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I live in Irving, home to two Islamic "centers". It's also the former home of Clock Boy.

IMHO, the Muslims in North Texas mostly seek to avoid publicity. Texans are a welcoming lot, i.e. live and let live. I think they also know their mosques would be smoking rubble within 24 hours if a full fledged Islamic terrorist attack occurred on Texas soil.

And the lawsuits by Clock Boy's dad were summarily dismissed.

I lived in Irving for a very long time.  For some reason, Irving... a town which in the fifties did not even have a single Black in the city limits and very few Mexicans .... for some reason Irving has become the multi-cultural capital of the world.  You might as well be in New York.

Why a city the size of Irving has two huge mosques should make you wonder.  Even if the mosques are keeping a low profile, they are planning things.  Why do you think Clock Boy's dad made the attempt to make trouble.  I don't trust them for one minute.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

But I think you're blaming the wrong people.  It's the liberal judges and the ACLU who side with the activist gays on these matters.  It's not as though the gays who bring the lawsuits are being deprived of a service.  They could get the cakes or whatever dozens of other places.  The lawsuits are targeting people's religious beliefs but I blame the courts and the ACLU.

Who is BRINGING the lawsuits?  Are the liberal judges BRINGING the lawsuits?

I had a homo activist two decades ago tell me that he loved idiotic Christians who would hold candlelight vigils and hold hands in prayer circles.  He said because while we are busy doing that and thinking we are making a difference - they were leaping over us to have their lifestyles and behaviors crammed down our throats by the courts and the government.  He said they will have their way with us, and use the courts and government to do it.  "Legalized rape if you like - so learn to lay back and enjoy it".

Like every single other agenda item of the left, the Homosexual agenda is not about establishing equality as they claim, but dominating and establishing itself by force as THE prominent rule all must acquiesce to.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Who is BRINGING the lawsuits?  Are the liberal judges BRINGING the lawsuits?

I had a homo activist two decades ago tell me that he loved idiotic Christians who would hold candlelight vigils and hold hands in prayer circles.  He said because while we are busy doing that and thinking we are making a difference - they were leaping over us to have their lifestyles and behaviors crammed down our throats by the courts and the government.  He said they will have their way with us, and use the courts and government to do it.  "Legalized rape if you like - so learn to lay back and enjoy it".

Like every single other agenda item of the left, the Homosexual agenda is not about establishing equality as they claim, but dominating and establishing itself by force as THE prominent rule all must acquiesce to.

Well, I don't agree with you.  Gays are a small percentage of the population and activists gays who promote hate are a small percent of that percent.

Yes, it is gays who bring the lawsuits but they only do it with the encouragement and support of the ACLU and liberal judges.

Offline Smokin Joe

Well, I don't agree with you.  Gays are a small percentage of the population and activists gays who promote hate are a small percent of that percent.

Yes, it is gays who bring the lawsuits but they only do it with the encouragement and support of the ACLU and liberal judges.
If this is such a small percent of such a small percent, how is it that they are not seeking "equality" but using the courts to punish (and don't tell me being fined and losing your business isn't punishment) people who do not agree with them?
Without these activists seeking test cases to build precedent, the lawyers would not have a trough to feed at and they would chase other ambulances.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Yes, the LGTB group is a small percentage, but yet they have managed to 'control' the majority and indeed they have brought the lawsuits which they pushed all the way to the SCOTUS.  I would have to agree "like every single other agenda item of the left, the Homosexual agenda is not about establishing equality as they claim, but dominating and establishing itself by force as THE prominent rule all must acquiesce to."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 09:47:38 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
If this is such a small percent of such a small percent, how is it that they are not seeking "equality" but using the courts to punish (and don't tell me being fined and losing your business isn't punishment) people who do not agree with them?
Without these activists seeking test cases to build precedent, the lawyers would not have a trough to feed at and they would chase other ambulances.

That's a chicken or the egg question.  The gays who brought suits had reason to believe they would win per ACLU support and liberal judges.

Offline Smokin Joe

That's a chicken or the egg question.  The gays who brought suits had reason to believe they would win per ACLU support and liberal judges.
I strongly suspect in the era of 'community organizing' that the leaders of that movement were coached as to just what would make a good test case, and what sort of situations to either look for or create so those lawsuits could be propagated.

In the end, no matter who wins or loses, the attorneys will be paid, whether they are for the plaintiff, the defendant, or behind the bench.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I strongly suspect in the era of 'community organizing' that the leaders of that movement were coached as to just what would make a good test case, and what sort of situations to either look for or create so those lawsuits could be propagated.

In the end, no matter who wins or loses, the attorneys will be paid, whether they are for the plaintiff, the defendant, or behind the bench.

Yep.  Only reason these suits are brought.  How about a little tort reform while we're at it.

Offline Mesaclone

But we are being told, right now, on this very board - that homosexual marriages and relationships are virtuous and pose absolutely no threat whatsoever to anyone.

This has NOTHING to do with gay marriage.

This is an idiot trying to impose their personal political activism on children. Its unconscionable, and would be unconscionable if a Christian teacher was putting sticker crosses on children's notebooks. Teachers have no business indoctrinating, moralizing, or even demonstrating their own political perspectives...they are there to teach reading, writing mathematics and the art of thinking. If people want to have after school Christian or LGBT clubs...purely voluntary...have at it. During the regular school day...they should keep their big mouths shut and their egos in check.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Smokin Joe

This has NOTHING to do with gay marriage.

This is an idiot trying to impose their personal political activism on children. Its unconscionable, and would be unconscionable if a Christian teacher was putting sticker crosses on children's notebooks. Teachers have no business indoctrinating, moralizing, or even demonstrating their own political perspectives...they are there to teach reading, writing mathematics and the art of thinking. If people want to have after school Christian or LGBT clubs...purely voluntary...have at it. During the regular school day...they should keep their big mouths shut and their egos in check.
I see it a little different. Back when we said The Lord's Prayer at the start of the school day, along with The Pledge of Allegiance, (one nation, under God--and you know which one we meant), there were no people telling children they could not wear religious articles, a rainbow was just something you saw after a storm, refracted light, (unless you knew about Him setting his bow in the heavens as a sign the world would never again be destroyed by water), and homosexuality was something the adults spoke of in low tones when the kids weren't in the room, if at all. First the prayer went, by the ruling of a few. Then the Pledge, because it mentioned "God". Then some folks wanted "equality", then they wanted to be "married", now they are demanding the removal of personal religious adornments.
I can certainly see a progression.
Is this woman afraid she will burst into flame if she looks at it too long? Does it interfere with checking out the nubile and developing swell of pubescent breasts? What's her beef?

C S Lewis

Offline Mesaclone

I see it a little different. Back when we said The Lord's Prayer at the start of the school day, along with The Pledge of Allegiance, (one nation, under God--and you know which one we meant), there were no people telling children they could not wear religious articles, a rainbow was just something you saw after a storm, refracted light, (unless you knew about Him setting his bow in the heavens as a sign the world would never again be destroyed by water), and homosexuality was something the adults spoke of in low tones when the kids weren't in the room, if at all. First the prayer went, by the ruling of a few. Then the Pledge, because it mentioned "God". Then some folks wanted "equality", then they wanted to be "married", now they are demanding the removal of personal religious adornments.
I can certainly see a progression.
Is this woman afraid she will burst into flame if she looks at it too long? Does it interfere with checking out the nubile and developing swell of pubescent breasts? What's her beef?

Well, I think you are drawing connections that aren't...well...connected. The schools in this country did just fine before the pledge of allegiance, and the use of "under God" only came along after 1954...so it doesn't really fit as part of a declining moral environment in schools. That said, I am all for the pledge of allegiance in schools...perhaps in its original form pre-1954. I am also for gay marriage...because the Libertarian in me believes marriage should not be subject to regulation OR endorsement by the government. But I also find it ludicrous to demand removal of people's personal religious items. These things are not mutually exclusive of one another. A free society allows people to marry whom they will AND to where whatever religious adornments they wish.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Silver Pines

@mirraflake

Lesbians always wear mens style of jacket  like Sally Kohn on CNN. The one on the right proves my theory that gays get a wrong dose of hormones while in the womb. No all day gig at Macy's Glamour shots would make that woman look like a woman.

Doesn't explain women like my friend's sister.  She's beautiful and feminine, but she got fed up with men and decided it was time to go gay.  There are lots like that.

Silver Pines

@driftdiver
@Freya
@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon
@txradioguy
@roamer_1

I had not read that thread, so I've now read some on there.  Some said we should stay out of marriages, it is not our business what two adult people do.  I agree with that.  However, it IS our business what schools do with our children.  "Gays" can do whatever they want, it is not my business.  However, "gays" have united to force their lifestyle into our schools - that IS my business. 

A family related member living in Ohio, is a junior in high school, and last week, was LGBT observance week, and she was forced to hear about that lifestyle, and there was a film shown over and over on the main wall as one comes into the school, every day it is shown over and over, in that school with various LGBT sayings and one was about religion, said something like this,  "Any religion in the world is the same with the same outcome."  That means the Muslim religion, ANY religion is the same as a Christian religion, all have the same outcome.

When she told her father (they are a religious family) what was happening, the first day this started last week, he met with the principal who was a wimp, but said he should have notified parents in advance, and then the father met with the Superintendent, who did not know this was happening.  He said the first thing the Superintendent said to him was, "You need to know I am a conservative, I have my guns at my house, I am one of you.  I am going to go meet with that principal as soon as you leave here."  He also told him to write a letter to the school board, gave him the name of the president, and said it would be brought up at the next meeting and he would tell him when that was going to happen.

That father isn't going to let this die.  He will be at the board meeting.   

@Victoria33

Good grief!  An actual conservative superintendent in a public school.  Well, good for him, and good for the dad.

I can tell you right now, if I had a child in this teacher's class (the one in the article), I would be right up in that classroom instructing her on how things were going to be, and that would include my child wearing a cross if she/he desired to do so.  There would be no argument and she would learn she had no say in the matter.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@Victoria33

Good grief!  An actual conservative superintendent in a public school.  Well, good for him, and good for the dad.

I can tell you right now, if I had a child in this teacher's class (the one in the article), I would be right up in that classroom instructing her on how things were going to be, and that would include my child wearing a cross if she/he desired to do so.  There would be no argument and she would learn she had no say in the matter.

It wasn't so long ago that religion was accepted and even invited into the schools. In the 1980s it wasn't uncommon for us to go across the road to the church when we had a combined class too large for a classroom. The church sometimes borrowed classrooms for youth events. We even had an elective class on theology taught by the minister. When I was in elementary school, Mr Goodman would come to school with his felt board and his cutout biblical figures and tell us bible stories.

All of that was nearly gone by the time they started telling us that "All normal boys have homosexual thoughts and feelings."

Offline Smokin Joe

Well, I think you are drawing connections that aren't...well...connected. The schools in this country did just fine before the pledge of allegiance, and the use of "under God" only came along after 1954...so it doesn't really fit as part of a declining moral environment in schools. That said, I am all for the pledge of allegiance in schools...perhaps in its original form pre-1954. I am also for gay marriage...because the Libertarian in me believes marriage should not be subject to regulation OR endorsement by the government. But I also find it ludicrous to demand removal of people's personal religious items. These things are not mutually exclusive of one another. A free society allows people to marry whom they will AND to where whatever religious adornments they wish.
Well, thank you for the date things peaked and then started going the wrong way.

Unfortunately for the Libertarian in you, it is the Government which is imposing "gay marriage" on everyone who really doesn't want it, is offended by the degradation of a holy sacrament by Government intervention, or even just did not care.

That isn't Libertarian, unless you consider overturning thousands of years of precedent by Government decree "Libertarian", because it is Government intervening in a religious matter.

We do agree that people should be left to wear articles of their religious faith as they choose.

C S Lewis