Author Topic: Hernandez Seedy Underbelly of Gators  (Read 1008 times)

Offline montanajoe

Hernandez Seedy Underbelly of Gators
« on: April 21, 2017, 02:19:23 am »
I thought this is quite a good article showing at least some in the American sports culture still have a shred of commonsense.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/mike-bianchi-aaron-hernandez-was-seedy-underbelly-of-urban-meyers-gators-tim-tebow-was-the-smiling-face/ar-BBA44Hb?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Hernandez Seedy Underbelly of Gators
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 02:55:11 am »
I thought this is quite a good article showing at least some in the American sports culture still have a shred of commonsense.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/mike-bianchi-aaron-hernandez-was-seedy-underbelly-of-urban-meyers-gators-tim-tebow-was-the-smiling-face/ar-BBA44Hb?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

Right. Lets defend effing OJ and slam Hernandez. The only difference between the 2 are the body counts. Professional sports is a fraud designed to vacuum money our of it's simple minded fans pockets. The low moral quality of the players is the least of it's problems.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 03:40:10 am »

Right. Lets defend effing OJ and slam Hernandez. The only difference between the 2 are the body counts. Professional sports is a fraud designed to vacuum money our of it's simple minded fans pockets. The low moral quality of the players is the least of it's problems.

Didn't see it as slamming Hernandez..seems to me why his actions were covered up for so many years because he was a talented jock is the issue that those in sports need to confront.. :shrug:

BTW I see very little difference between simple minded sports fans  and simple minded partisans. They both demonstrate similar behaviors..eg unquestioned devotion to whatever team or political party they support...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 04:05:40 am »
Didn't see it as slamming Hernandez..seems to me why his actions were covered up for so many years because he was a talented jock is the issue that those in sports need to confront.. :shrug:

You make it like it is a rare event. The murder part, yes, but the cover up part? A lot of these players get all sorts of grade enhancements, bonuses of different sorts and all around irrational hero warship. This is wide spread because the schools want to keep the money coming in from the alumni and they alumni want heavy duty sports teams. The whole thing is a seedy scam.

BTW I see very little difference between simple minded sports fans  and simple minded partisans. They both demonstrate similar behaviors..eg unquestioned devotion to whatever team or political party they support...

Bullshit. I'll believe that when party supporters start throwing snowballs with batteries in them and political rallies have special courts set up to arrest the offenders. Also politics is what defines a society. Sports is what people watch to hide from society.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 04:06:03 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 05:20:35 am »
You make it like it is a rare event. The murder part, yes, but the cover up part? A lot of these players get all sorts of grade enhancements, bonuses of different sorts and all around irrational hero warship. This is wide spread because the schools want to keep the money coming in from the alumni and they alumni want heavy duty sports teams. The whole thing is a seedy scam.

Bullshit. I'll believe that when party supporters start throwing snowballs with batteries in them and political rallies have special courts set up to arrest the offenders. Also politics is what defines a society. Sports is what people watch to hide from society.

That's very high minded but the constant blame game of partisans on both sides is nothing more than an mindless sport that enchriches the players at the public trough. If its true that politics defines this society then its pretty clear we have a society that is rotten to the core...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 05:29:15 am »
If its true that politics defines this society then its pretty clear we have a society that is rotten to the core...

Glad you finally clued into that.

Offline thackney

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 12:09:56 pm »
If its true that politics defines this society then its pretty clear we have a society that is rotten to the core...
Glad you finally clued into that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M
Life is fragile, handle with prayer