Author Topic: Sourdough Waffles  (Read 172 times)

Online Elderberry

• Golden Rule Ancap
Sourdough Waffles
« on: April 20, 2017, 09:40:14 AM »
I’ve always wanted to try sourdough pancakes and waffles but I was put off by having to start the prep the night before.

Well last nite I got around to it. I didn’t have any buttermilk so I used 2%. I added some more milk in the morning to thin the batter. And I used plain ole Morton salt, not kosher.

I used my well used Oster waffle maker and cooked each about a min and a half.

Buttered and syruped up they just melted in my mouth.

This will now replace my pancake/waffle recipe.
Try it! You’ll like it!

Recipe: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1018025-sourdough-pancake-or-waffle-batter?action=click&module=RecirculationRibbon&pgType=recipedetails&rank=3
Do not unto another that you would not have him do unto you. Thou needest this law alone. It is the foundation of all the rest.(Confucius)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Sourdough Waffles
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 11:38:02 AM »
Sounds purty good. You can fake butter milk by the way. Add 1 TBS of Lemon Juice to a cup of milk stir and let it set for a few minutes. It won't be as thick, but it will be tangy and acidic so everything rises like it should.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 11:41:12 AM by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online Elderberry

• Golden Rule Ancap
Re: Sourdough Waffles
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 11:58:41 AM »
Sounds purty good. You can fake butter milk by the way. Add 1 TBS of Lemon Juice to a cup of milk stir and let it set for a few minutes. It won't be as thick, but it will be tangy and acidic so everything rises like it should.
Nice 2 know. I'll remer that :beer:
Do not unto another that you would not have him do unto you. Thou needest this law alone. It is the foundation of all the rest.(Confucius)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf