Author Topic: Russia claims it can wipe out US Navy with single 'electronic bomb'  (Read 483 times)

rangerrebew

Russia claims it can wipe out US Navy with single 'electronic bomb'
the-sun.png
Published April 19, 2017

Russia has claimed it can disable the entire US Navy in one fell swoop using powerful electronic signal jamming.

A news report from the country – where the media is essentially controlled by the state – said the technology could render planes, ships and missiles useless.

The newsreader says: “Today, our Russian Electronic Warfare (REW) troops can detect and neutralise any target from a ship’s system and a radar, to a satellite.”

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/04/19/russia-claims-it-can-wipe-out-us-navy-with-single-electronic-bomb.html
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 11:39:42 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Joe Wooten

Re: Russia claims it can wipe out US Navy with single 'electronic bomb'
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 02:55:57 pm »
Now where have I heard claims like this before by the Russians? Oh yeah, when they were bragging about their vaunted anti-aircraft defense systems that would be able to keep American planes and missiles from penetrating. Twice, in Syria, this system has failed miserably. They brag a lot, but do not have the results to back up their boasts.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 03:06:54 pm »
Also they are building a giant robot.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 03:10:18 pm »
The Russians have some very bright people but a horribly dysfunctional culture.  Alcohol and drug abuse are major problems.  Also, their economy is about the size of Texas economy. 

Certainly a threat but it pays to keep things in perspective.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 04:02:54 pm »
The Russians have some very bright people but a horribly dysfunctional culture.  Alcohol and drug abuse are major problems.  Also, their economy is about the size of Texas economy. 

Certainly a threat but it pays to keep things in perspective.

Agreed.

The stealth features of modern American fighters/bombers were originally thought up by a Russian back in the Soviet era. They just did not have the means of implementing it and dropped the idea. DARPA picked up on it and did a lot of research and got results. They can be a threat, but not the major threat to the US. I consider China a much bigger threat to us than Russia