Author Topic: Frank Artiles: Florida state senator apologizes for racial slurs  (Read 575 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Frank Artiles: Florida state senator apologizes for racial slurs
Published April 19, 2017   Associated Press

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. –  A Florida state senator apologized Wednesday for using a racial slur and vulgar insults during a private, after-hours conversation with two African-American colleagues, but black lawmakers say that wasn't enough and called for his removal.

Republican Sen. Frank Artiles gave the three-minute apology on the Senate floor as the chamber began its business for the day.

"I extend a heartfelt apology to my colleagues and to all of those I have offended," said Artiles, a Cuban-American from the Miami area. "My harsh words have adversely reflected more on me than they could ever have on anyone else."

Less than three hours later, the 28-member Florida Legislative Black Caucus voted unanimously to file a complaint against Artiles seeking his removal from the Senate.

Continued: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/19/frank-artiles-florida-state-senator-apologizes-for-racial-slurs.html

Posting this here, if no one else has. I never would, I know a white kid who picks up some of the talk from rap songs which so many young people listen to.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Frank Artiles: Florida state senator apologizes for racial slurs
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 03:25:58 am »
Artiles said afterward the word he used was "niggas,"

LOL. Nice try Frank. See you on the unemployment line you genuinely dumb bastard.