Author Topic: Sessions: MS-13 gang could be designated as terrorist organization  (Read 350 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Sessions: MS-13 gang could be designated as terrorist organization
By Rebecca Savransky - 04/19/17 08:19 AM EDT

Attorney General Jeff Sessions says the MS-13 gang could be designated as a terrorist organization.

Asked by Fox News's Tucker Carlson on Tuesday whether he thinks the designation would be helpful, Sessions replied, “I think so, perhaps. I believe it could qualify for that."

"There are rules that I guess the State Department does to establish that," he added. El Salvador has already designated MS-13 a terrorist group.

Sessions called the gang "one of the most violent gangs in the history of our country."

Continued: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/329435-sessions-says-ms-13-gang-could-qualify-as-terrorist-organization

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Sessions: MS-13 gang could be designated as terrorist organization
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 04:11:27 pm »
While they probably qualify for it in some aspects, I'm not for designating them a terrorist organization. That's not their intent or goal, to make political change or revolution with violence. Criminal trafficking yes, terrorism no. Unless it can be proven otherwise, such as repeatedly working with real terrorist orgs as an accessory to assist their agenda.
The Republic is lost.