Author Topic: Where will Bill O’Reilly go next?  (Read 2499 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Where will Bill O’Reilly go next?
« on: April 19, 2017, 10:48:46 pm »
By Joe Concha, opinion contributor - 04/19/17 01:10 PM EDT

With the stunning news that Bill O'Reilly is out at Fox News, the big question is: What's next for "The Factor" host?

Despite being the top-rated cable news host for the past 15 years, the opportunities appear surprisingly thin.

CNN?

No chance.

MSNBC?

Insert joke here.

His former home at CBS News?

Try again.

His former home of ABC News?

Absolutely not.

A walk across the street to NBC News for a reunion with Megyn Kelly?

Rhetorical question.

So what's left?

Some right-leaning outlets are looking for a big name.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/media/329506-whats-next-for-bill-oreilly
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Where will Bill O’Reilly go next?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 10:54:24 pm »
Who cares?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 10:58:59 pm »
With a net worth of $70MM+, he should go into retirement.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 11:53:33 pm »
Podcast, baby.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 12:01:23 am »
Dancing with the stars?

White House press secretary?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 12:09:31 am »
I think he'll just concentrate on writing books and giving speeches. He was getting tired of the nightly gig anyway. He doesn't need it. Now he can focus on his passion and I'm sure he will be quite happy being free and doing what he loves.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 12:10:35 am »
It sounds like there may be a vacuum where Alex Jones is sitting.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 12:18:37 am »
I can care less.

I never liked any of the TV blowhards.  Levin was okay for awhile when he got started, but now.... I do not watch or listen to any of them anymore.

I feel much better as I am sure my blood pressure is down as a result.

Reading my news is much more rewarding anyway.  I no longer have to hear the views of someone else ringing in my ears or wondering what the faux conservatives have to say.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 12:19:18 am »
I can care less.

I never liked any of the TV blowhards.  Levin was okay for awhile when he got started, but now.... I do not watch or listen to any of them anymore.

I feel much better as I am sure my blood pressure is down as a result.

Reading my news is much more rewarding anyway.  I no longer have to hear the views of someone else ringing in my ears or wondering what the faux conservatives have to say.

:amen:

Offline anubias

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 02:31:52 am »
I can care less.

So how much do you care if you can care less.  How much less can you care? 

All joking aside, I hope he doesn't go to OANN as I've enjoyed not seeing any of the FOX crew there.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 02:46:45 am »
It is way past time for OReilly to fade into the sunset.  I wish they had put Watters into his time slot though.  He is more entertaining than moving the 5 into prime time.
God is still in control

Online corbe

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 03:24:11 am »
                                             He could host the FOX edition of
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 03:29:31 am »

Where everyone goes after they get fired....

Offline JannTosh

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 03:55:20 am »
...There's no proof, no day in court, just a bunch of BS thrown against the wall that doesn't even amount to actual 'Sexual Harassment'.....none of the Bimbos are saying that he laid a hand on them.

This is all phony baloney, plastic banana bull-$h*t......as is everything about demorats and the vermin in the fake news media.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2017, 04:12:20 am »
He will be the next White House press secretary, after Spicey gets exiled to St. Helena.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 04:53:09 am »
So how much do you care if you can care less.  How much less can you care? 

All joking aside, I hope he doesn't go to OANN as I've enjoyed not seeing any of the FOX crew there.

I wish I could get OANN here, but I can't catch a reliable stream.  :shrug:

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 08:12:58 am »
Early on O’Reilly became a book seller who had a TV show.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 08:24:06 am »
It sounds like there may be a vacuum where Alex Jones is sitting.

Every now and then I find myself driving across country at 4 AM.  Not much on the radio except America All Night, or some similar name I don't recall.  They sometimes talk UFO's or some other type of conspiracy.  I can listen to it because they don't scream into the microphone or constantly have to wipe foam from their mouths.  The guests are typically well spoken, logical and sound more or less sane.  So I'll listen, I'm curious.

Then it makes me wonder why Alex Jones has any audience at all.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2017, 04:08:12 pm »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Wingnut

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2017, 04:19:32 pm »
He is going to Write a follow up book to "Killing Jesus".

"Killing Bill O'Reilly"

Silver Pines

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2017, 07:32:00 pm »
...There's no proof, no day in court, just a bunch of BS thrown against the wall that doesn't even amount to actual 'Sexual Harassment'.....none of the Bimbos are saying that he laid a hand on them.

This is all phony baloney, plastic banana bull-$h*t......as is everything about demorats and the vermin in the fake news media.

@JannTosh

I experienced sexual harassment.  Does that make me a bimbo?

There are a lot of gold-diggers out there and a lot of women who will make false accusations.  There are also a lot of (blanks) like O'Reilly with long histories of harassment.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2017, 07:59:25 pm »

@JannTosh

I experienced sexual harassment.  Does that make me a bimbo?

There are a lot of gold-diggers out there and a lot of women who will make false accusations.  There are also a lot of (blanks) like O'Reilly with long histories of harassment.
Yet to hear exactly what O'Reilly (or Hannity) is supposed to have done.

Groping, innuendo, joking around, ???

I suppose in this era, or empowerment and entitlement and feelings, it can be just about anything.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Silver Pines

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2017, 08:30:05 pm »
Yet to hear exactly what O'Reilly (or Hannity) is supposed to have done.

Groping, innuendo, joking around, ???

I suppose in this era, or empowerment and entitlement and feelings, it can be just about anything.

@truth_seeker

When did Hannity enter into it?

First of all, groping---are you saying that's nothing?  That a woman should put up with it?  Because you can't be serious.

Do you have a daughter?  Wife?  Mother?  Sister?  If any of them were being harassed by an aging, bag-faced pervert who made sexual remarks, who repeatedly tried to get them in bed, and who appeared without clothes on when one of them went to his  door, well, I wonder if you'd consider it a joke then.

Ailes and O'Reilly ran Fox News like they were a couple of old Rat Pack wannabes and the women there were nothing but meat for their pleasure.  Margaret Hoover said that when she appeared on The Factor, O'Reilly would talk about the length of her skirt, her makeup, her appearance, etc.  She said she knew she was walking a tightrope because all of the female employees knew that you needed to keep shut and take whatever he handed out if you wanted to keep your job.  O'Reilly himself made the remark that if someone complained, he would make them wish they'd never been born.

Innuendo or a remark isn't much when a woman can brush it off and tell the man this is business, enough, let's keep it that.  But when she knows she'll lose her job if she doesn't take whatever gets dished out by some power-mad creep, that's entirely different.

What kind of doormats do you expect women to be?

I'm not a feminist, and nobody is going to tell me I'm "entitled" if I refuse to take crap like that from someone or lose my job. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2017, 08:38:58 pm »
@truth_seeker

When did Hannity enter into it?

First of all, groping---are you saying that's nothing?  That a woman should put up with it?  Because you can't be serious.

Do you have a daughter?  Wife?  Mother?  Sister?  If any of them were being harassed by an aging, bag-faced pervert who made sexual remarks, who repeatedly tried to get them in bed, and who appeared without clothes on when one of them went to his  door, well, I wonder if you'd consider it a joke then.

Ailes and O'Reilly ran Fox News like they were a couple of old Rat Pack wannabes and the women there were nothing but meat for their pleasure.  Margaret Hoover said that when she appeared on The Factor, O'Reilly would talk about the length of her skirt, her makeup, her appearance, etc.  She said she knew she was walking a tightrope because all of the female employees knew that you needed to keep shut and take whatever he handed out if you wanted to keep your job.  O'Reilly himself made the remark that if someone complained, he would make them wish they'd never been born.

Innuendo or a remark isn't much when a woman can brush it off and tell the man this is business, enough, let's keep it that.  But when she knows she'll lose her job if she doesn't take whatever gets dished out by some power-mad creep, that's entirely different.

What kind of doormats do you expect women to be?

I'm not a feminist, and nobody is going to tell me I'm "entitled" if I refuse to take crap like that from someone or lose my job.

O'Reilly has denied it. But Soros has arranged "better" sources, which have convinced you otherwise apparently.

BTW I have a wife, daughter, mother, sisters, and have been a strong advocate for treating women well.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2017, 08:41:23 pm »
Called it.

Bill O’Reilly plugs post-firing return of 'No Spin News' podcast
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/o-reilly-plugs-post-firing-return-no-spin-news-podcast-article-1.3090574

For God's sakes, is that you in your avatar? B&W? Really?