Author Topic: WSJ: Fox News Will Cut Ties With Bill O'Reilly  (Read 849 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WSJ: Fox News Will Cut Ties With Bill O'Reilly
« on: April 19, 2017, 01:41:02 pm »
Tuesday, 18 Apr 2017 10:51 PM

Fox News Channel is poised to end the 21-year tenure of Bill O'Reilly on the news cabler amid a cascade of sexual harassment allegations.

O'Reilly's exit from the network he has been with almost since its inception is expected to be official later this week. The Murdoch clan that controls Fox News had originally backed its top-rated host, but the drumbeat of allegations of harassment from multiple women during the past three weeks has proven untenable for parent company 21st Century Fox.

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/fox-news-cuts-ties/2017/04/18/id/785112/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: WSJ: Fox News Will Cut Ties With Bill O'Reilly
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 01:45:13 pm »
It's time for the bloviating windbag to move on.  Never could stand the phony jerk!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 01:49:58 pm »
but the drumbeat of allegations of harassment from multiple women during the past three weeks has proven untenable for parent company 21st Century Fox.

First off, the allegations are less than believable. If there are some real allegations, they should be put out there. Secondly, this entire "Get Ted Baxter" thing has been in the works from Media Matters for years.....

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/how-a-veteran-of-fox-news-boycotts-does-it

Right here is the blueprint for what is happening to FOX News. This whole thing is a fabrication by the Left and the Left leaning Murdoch family.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 01:51:01 pm »
It's time for the bloviating windbag to move on.  Never could stand the phony jerk!

I never liked Bill OhReally from the start either.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 01:53:01 pm »

Ted Baxter is an azzhole, but that is not what is happening here. The Left has perfected the way to destroy the only balance to CNN/PBS/MSNBC/CBS/ABC/NBC. I will bet any amount of money that Hannity will be forced out by the end of the year. Then Carlson.

What then? Oh yeah. The MSM gets to control the news cycle again.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 01:53:02 pm »
but the drumbeat of allegations of harassment from multiple women during the past three weeks has proven untenable for parent company 21st Century Fox.

First off, the allegations are less than believable. If there are some real allegations, they should be put out there. Secondly, this entire "Get Ted Baxter" thing has been in the works from Media Matters for years.....

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/how-a-veteran-of-fox-news-boycotts-does-it

Right here is the blueprint for what is happening to FOX News. This whole thing is a fabrication by the Left and the Left leaning Murdoch family.

I disagree with none of that I just can't stand O'Reilly.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 01:56:03 pm »
If BOR would learn not to listen to *little billy* none of this would be happening...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 01:59:49 pm »
If BOR would learn not to listen to *little billy* none of this would be happening...

From my observations, it is apparent that little billy is about the ONLY thing he actually listens to!  I absolutely HATE the way he continually talks over his "guests"!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 02:02:55 pm »

Well I notice you are a little light on showing where Little Billy did any talking at all. During the height of the scandal at FOX, BOR's name was never mentioned. Now we find out that a bunch of people were payed off because that is the default move of insurance companies, but we have no credible accusations. Actually they are downright absurd like the woman yesterday who claimed BOR "grunted and leered" at her when nobody was looking. Really? That would be laughed out of court.

Gretchen Carlson, Megyn Kelly, Andrea Tanteros had no problem giving detailed information on being harassed at the channel. Where are those detailed allegations about BOR?

This whole thing is a fabrication and Media Matters openly said that last week in a New Yorker interview.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 02:05:57 pm »
From my observations, it is apparent that little billy is about the ONLY thing he actually listens to!  I absolutely HATE the way he continually talks over his "guests"!

I hear ya. It will be much better at FOX when they get people like Olbermann and Maher in there that treat people with respect. They will also get FOX's news cycles more in line with the NY Times agenda. Don't panic. Good things are coming for you at FOX.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 02:09:58 pm »
I hear ya. It will be much better at FOX when they get people like Olbermann and Maher in there that treat people with respect. They will also get FOX's news cycles more in line with the NY Times agenda. Don't panic. Good things are coming for you at FOX.

Come on Frank!  O'Reilly doesn't respect anyone or anything other than himself and $$$$!  You can be a good host without disrespecting the guests on your show.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 09:40:52 pm »
Personally I like BOR and think that this is nothing more than a witch hunt.  This is only the beginning, Tucker and Hannity will be out the door by the end of the year due to more false accusations from the left.  Beck and Levin are wise to have their own private shows.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 09:41:39 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 09:45:25 pm »
Personally I like BOR and think that this is nothing more than a witch hunt.  This is only the beginning, Tucker and Hannity will be out the door by the end of the year due to more false accusations from the left.  Beck and Levin are wise to have their own private shows.

@libertybele

While I don't particularly like O'Reilly, I do agree with the rest of your post.  If I were a betting gal, I'd bet good money that Hannity is next to go.   **nononono*