Author Topic: Life Without Norms  (Read 514 times)

rangerrebew

Life Without Norms
« on: April 19, 2017, 11:38:42 am »
Life Without Norms
Bill Murchison

Posted: Apr 18, 2017 12:01 AM

What you end up with when the moral barriers topple is, not least, the end of due process at American colleges and universities.

It's a dreadful prospect you likely wouldn't imagine without having scanned some of the stories on the rape crisis said to be spreading across American campuses. Supposedly, college women are at immense and growing risk of assault by males who take advantage of opportunity and superior strength to "have their way," as the old euphemism had it. Naturally, the claims have invited federal attention. (Everything seems, these days, to invite federal attention.)

https://townhall.com/columnists/billmurchison/2017/04/18/life-without-norms-n2314532
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 11:39:22 am by rangerrebew »

geronl

Re: Life Without Norms
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 12:29:21 pm »

Unthinkable!

geronl

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 12:30:16 pm »
Been a while since I've seen something written by Bill Murchison!

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 08:45:12 am »
Up until our recent point in history rape was one topic that carried with it a nearly universal opinion.  No one would every try to justify, downplay or spin the facts when it came to rape.  Odd how that seems so long ago, but it really wasn't all that long ago at all.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 11:28:30 am »
Up until our recent point in history rape was one topic that carried with it a nearly universal opinion.  No one would every try to justify, downplay or spin the facts when it came to rape.  Odd how that seems so long ago, but it really wasn't all that long ago at all.

during the campaign it was Trumpers like Rush who pooh-poohed the notion of consent in defense of their new master.