Author Topic: Jeremy Vine 'road rage' driver jailed after losing appeal (against cyclist)  (Read 865 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Jeremy Vine 'road rage' driver jailed after losing appeal

A driver filmed screaming obscenities at BBC presenter Jeremy Vine as he cycled through London has been jailed after losing an appeal against her conviction for threatening behaviour.

Shanique Syrena Pearson, of Vauxhall, made a gun sign at Vine during the row in Kensington on 26 August 2016.

The 22-year-old was convicted in February of using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour.

Giving evidence earlier, Mr Vine said he "felt in danger" at the time.

Continued: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-39629808

Another cycling thread. It's not clear maybe upon the first read; but the woman threatened the cyclist who by coincidence, works for the BBC and was cycling. I ride the bike but try to stay out of heavy traffic, congested areas.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Ah, so the Shaniques of the world are not unique to America!

Wingnut

Ah, so the Shaniques of the world are not unique to America!

Birds of a feather one might say:

"Pearson, of Vauxhall, south London, has a string of previous convictions for robbery, thefts and assault."

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It's easy to imagine road rage incidences; a lot of cyclists will have a tale to tell, being yelled at etc. I won't even go into the grungier aspects. I just mainly try to keep my powder dry.