Author Topic: Rush: Media Is Desperate for a Scalp, and Bannon’s Will Do  (Read 1540 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Media Is Desperate for a Scalp, and Bannon’s Will Do
« on: April 17, 2017, 07:47:02 pm »
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/04/17/media-is-desperate-for-a-scalp-and-bannons-will-do/

Media Is Desperate for a Scalp, and Bannon’s Will Do

Apr 17, 2017

RUSH: Audio sound bite number 1. This was Fox & Friends this morning. Pete Hegseth filling in spoke with trial attorney and Trump supporter Robert Barnes about the chief strategist Steve Bannon and his allegedly diminished position in the White House. Question: “You’ve seen these news reports of Steve Bannon’s on his way out. What do you make of those reports?”

BARNES: The media has been waging a five-month war against Steve Bannon because, as Rush Limbaugh said last week, they know how valuable Trump has been able to tap Steve Bannon’s unique set of skills. They know that Bannon helps Trump and that Trump has masterfully utilized Bannon’s unique set of skills. He’s sort of Trump’s personal MOAB that busted through the Democratic firewall. Trump may be the original Jedi but Bannon’s the last Jedi against the Empire of media lies and that’s why we’ve been waging such a war against Bannon.

RUSH: This is the kind of stuff that Bannon supporters should not be saying. This is not cool. This is positioning Bannon as the reason Trump’s who he is. This positions Bannon as the guy who makes Trump possible. Trump may have been the original Jedi, but Bannon the last Jedi against the empire of media lies. Mr. Snerdley asked me this morning if I think anything is going to happen to Bannon. No, I don’t, not any time soon.

I think all of this is a bunch of — pardon the phrase — trumped up. I mean, there may be something to it to one degree or another, but I think it’s exaggerated and overblown and much of what you see in the media is really the reporting of their desires. They’re eager for a scalp, folks. The Drive-Bys, that’s what they do. They are eager for a scalp. And Bannon is one that they think they could secure. And they think they’re on the verge of doing it, which is another reason why I don’t think it’s gonna happen any time soon.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Rush: Media Is Desperate for a Scalp, and Bannon’s Will Do
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 07:49:31 pm »
Trump may be the original Jedi but Bannon’s the last Jedi against the Empire of media lies and that’s why we’ve been waging such a war against Bannon.

:facepalm2:

A little reminder to Rush, 1/3rd of Breitbart's staff walked out because of Bannon's leadership. Those weren't the 'liberal media' who opposed him.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 07:54:01 pm »

A little reminder to Rush, 1/3rd of Breitbart's staff walked out because of Bannon's leadership. Those weren't the 'liberal media' who opposed him.

Right.  I personally think Trump is just getting tired of Bannon.

Offline ABX

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 07:58:00 pm »
Right.  I personally think Trump is just getting tired of Bannon.

Bannon strikes me as someone Trump wold love during a campaign- victory at any cost, don't let the truth get in the way, pushing tabloid stories. But when you then get the job, someone like that is a liability- and under the bus he goes.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 08:07:18 pm »
Bannon strikes me as someone Trump wold love during a campaign- victory at any cost, don't let the truth get in the way, pushing tabloid stories. But when you then get the job, someone like that is a liability- and under the bus he goes.
Ditto.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 08:16:41 pm »

I also wonder if Bannon is one of the guys who advised Trump to push the slimy Ryan AHCA bill and to threaten and trash the FC.  (After all, Bannon is by his own confession not a Constitutional conservative.)

Maybe Trump is finally realizing that one of the reasons for his drop in ratings is because he has been getting  bad advice. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 08:17:03 pm by the_doc »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 08:46:17 pm »

Rush has fallen into the habit of blindly defending those unworthy of his defense.

Offline ABX

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 08:48:08 pm »
Rush has fallen into the habit of blindly defending those unworthy of his defense.

His comparing Trump to a Jedi makes me think he has long past the point of blind defense. This is out and out worship.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 11:09:38 pm »

He'd best be careful with Bannon.  I get the impression that Bannon will say what he thinks he needs to say and do what he thinks he needs to do and has a media outlet to get it all out there.  Plus the whole nationalist-populist following that Bannon represents.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 02:47:34 am »
And when that happens, Rush will spin trying to justify it until he bores through the earth to China.  I used to think that Rush was principled, but that train has left the station.