Author Topic: Soap opera star Eric Braeden on new memoir  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Soap opera star Eric Braeden on new memoir
« on: April 17, 2017, 06:18:27 pm »
CBS News
April 17, 2017

Emmy-winning actor Eric Braeden spent 37 years playing self-made businessman Victor Newman on "The Young and the Restless." He joins "CBS This Morning" to discuss his new memoir, "I'll Be Damned: How My Young and Restless Life Led Me to America's #1 Daytime Drama."
Watch the video.

Eric Braeden, perhaps best know as Victor Newman on The Young and the Restless, appears on CBS This Morning, to discuss his memoir, I'll Be Damned: How My Young and Restless Life Led Me to America's #1 Daytime Drama, in this short (4:26) video.

He appeared in numerous films and TV shows under his real name, Hans Gudegast, with his first regular series role being that of Hauptmann Hans Dietrich on The Rat Patrol.

When he was being considered for his role of Dr. Charles A. Forbin in the science fiction film, Colossus: The Forbin Project, he was told that no one would be allowed to star in an American film if they had a German name. He took the name of Eric Braeden from his hometown of Bredenbek, Germany.

Offline libertybele

Re: Soap opera star Eric Braeden on new memoir
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 01:05:50 am »
I love the Y&R.  I have been watching it since 1974 with the Fosters and the Brooks; before the Abbotts. IMHO the story lines used to be much better, but I'm hooked.  I watch it streaming late at night and that's about it for my TV viewing other than once in awhile I watch O'Reilly ... he's gone, so I guess its Tucker ... still not a fan.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.