Author Topic: Real Flying Car Will Be Available for Preorder This Year  (Read 1026 times)

rangerrebew

Real Flying Car Will Be Available for Preorder This Year
« on: April 17, 2017, 11:33:11 am »

The future is here: The first-ever production-ready flying car is set to be revealed in just over a week.

Slovakia-based engineering firm AeroMobil unveiled its flying-car prototype in 2014, but it was not made commercially available at the time. The company recently announced, however, that its latest model will be available for preorder this year (though there has been no word on pricing yet). This new model has not yet been revealed, but it's set to debut at the Top Marques Monaco, known as the world's most exclusive supercar show, on April 20.

http://www.livescience.com/58663-aeromobil-flying-car-available-to-preorder.html
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 11:34:12 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Real Flying Car Will Be Available for Preorder This Year
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 04:21:57 pm »

The future is here: The first-ever production-ready flying car is set to be revealed in just over a week.

Slovakia-based engineering firm AeroMobil unveiled its flying-car prototype in 2014, but it was not made commercially available at the time. The company recently announced, however, that its latest model will be available for preorder this year (though there has been no word on pricing yet). This new model has not yet been revealed, but it's set to debut at the Top Marques Monaco, known as the world's most exclusive supercar show, on April 20.

http://www.livescience.com/58663-aeromobil-flying-car-available-to-preorder.html

It's not so much a flying car as a roadable airplane.  You'll be able to drive it to and from the airport to take off and land, but that's about the extent of its automobile features.  Nah, not interested.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 04:49:12 pm »
Slovakia-based engineering firm AeroMobil?    Lets send Moose and Flying Squirrel to test drive one Dalling. Get skinny on flying car.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 04:55:04 pm »
So they finally developed Flubber?

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 04:58:19 pm »
So they finally developed Flubber?

:beer:  Nice!

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 05:01:06 pm »
It's not so much a flying car as a roadable airplane.  You'll be able to drive it to and from the airport to take off and land, but that's about the extent of its automobile features.  Nah, not interested.

That prop in the back should discourage tailgaters though..... :whistle:

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!