Author Topic: NBC Sports Announcer GOES OFF: Calls US Flag and Air Force Flyover “Political” Stunt that Should Be “Kept Out of Sports”  (Read 1234 times)

rangerrebew

NBC Sports Announcer GOES OFF: Calls US Flag and Air Force Flyover “Political” Stunt that Should Be “Kept Out of Sports”

Jim Hoft Apr 16th, 2017 3:30 pm 414 Comments

Lead baseball writer for NBC Sports, Craig Calcaterra, tweeted out this attack on the US flag on Easter morning.

“Will you keep politics out of sports, please. We like sports to be politics-free”

Democrats are so full of hate today that the American flag and military men and women in uniform are too “political” for them.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/04/nbc-sports-announcer-goes-off-calls-us-flag-air-force-flyover-political-stunt-kept-sports/
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 09:43:01 am by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Personally, I think sports announcers (on TV, at least) should be kept out of sport. Can't recall a single time I've watched where they've added anything of use or interest. Not that there's much to recall - the mute button gets pressed about 5 minutes after the race starts.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 09:48:26 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline endicom

NBC Sports Announcer GOES OFF: Calls US Flag and Air Force Flyover “Political” Stunt that Should Be “Kept Out of Sports”

Make that ...should have been kept out of sports. and he'd be right.

Wingnut

Cue the obligatory demand for the firing of this knucklehead and/or a NBC boycott.

Offline skeeter

Personally, I think sports announcers (on TV, at least) should be kept out of sport. Can't recall a single time I've watched where they've added anything of use or interest. Not that there's much to recall - the mute button gets pressed about 5 minutes after the race starts.

Sports announcers are among the worst leftwing lickspittles in media - and the least intelligent.

Keith Olbermann is exhibit one.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
"Maybe a flag, in and of itself isn’t always political. A two-acre flag with a military flyover is saying something very specific, however.'

Exactly what does it say, Craig?

Oh, and here's Craig "keeping politics out of sports" by trashing the Indians Chief Wahoo, and calling it an "antiquated and offensive racial caricature."

http://www.kvoa.com/story/35133991/indians-could-be-forced-to-change-controversial-logo

So ol' Craig has no problem injecting politics into sports, as long as they're his politics.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 01:30:32 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Jim Hoft Apr 16th, 2017 3:30 pm

Lead baseball writer for NBC Sports, Craig Calcaterra, tweeted out this attack on the US flag on Easter morning.

more
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/04/nbc-sports-announcer-goes-off-calls-us-flag-air-force-flyover-political-stunt-kept-sports/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

This display is patriotism. Not political.

Offline goatprairie

I was watching an ESPN sports show the other day with Stephen A. Smith and Max Kellerman.  The topic was players from the Patriots refusing to meet with the president for a team congratulation.   
Kellerman said it was right for players to refuse to attend because Trump was different from all other presidents. He was trying to make the argument that meeting with Trump meant agreeing with his politics.
Smith contradicted him and said the event has nothing to do with agreeing with a particular president's politics...it was just a non-political event which players should not impute political motives .
I agree with Smith on this subject. I remember when Obama invited the Patriots a few years ago, and one Patriot refused to go because he thought it meant agreeing with Obama.
Refusing to go with your teammates to attend a team congratulatory event is disrespectful to your teammates.  I despise Obama, but if I had played on a team that won a title in some sport, I would have gone as a member of the team.
Nevertheless, Kellerman's remarks about how Trump is somehow different than other presidents is reflective of all the leftist nuts currently employed by many sports channels and stations.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 06:29:17 pm by goatprairie »