Author Topic: US testing upgraded nuke bomb  (Read 316 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
US testing upgraded nuke bomb
« on: April 16, 2017, 01:44:45 pm »
US testing upgraded nuke bomb
by The Associated Press | Apr 15, 2017, 10:31 PM

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Scientists at Sandia National Laboratories are claiming success with the first in a new series of test flights involving an upgraded version of a nuclear bomb that has been part of the U.S. arsenal for decades.

Work on the B61-12 has been ongoing for years, and government officials say the latest tests using mock versions of the bomb will be vital to the refurbishing effort.

An F-16 from Nellis Air Force Base dropped an inert version of the weapon over the Nevada desert last month to test its non-nuclear functions as well as the plane's ability to carry the bomb.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/us-testing-upgraded-nuke-bomb/article/2620392
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

Re: US testing upgraded nuke bomb
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 02:10:15 pm »
@mystery-ak

I wish tests like this were kept secret.  We don't need another reason to encourage rogue countries to get their own nuclear bombs, especially right now with North Korea having them and trying to develop missiles to carry them, and Pakistan who already has some but can't deliver them to far away places, and India who has them, plus Russia does, too and they can deliver them.  Do you have your own safe "fox hole" yet?  All this new talk of nuclear will set off survivalists to dig their safe holes deeper and upgrade their food rations and buy more weapons and ammo.  I don't have a problem with their doing it since I am a prepper, too, but hard core survivalists of the militant type, will start "getting ready" whatever that means to them.