Author Topic: Afghan official: Death toll from massive US bomb rises to 94, including 4 ISIS commanders  (Read 382 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Afghan official: Death toll from massive US bomb rises to 94, including 4 ISIS commanders

By PHILLIP WALTER WELLMAN | STARS AND STRIPES Published: April 15, 2017

KABUL, Afghanistan — At least 94 Islamic State militants were killed by the largest non-nuclear bomb ever used in combat, an Afghan army spokesman said Saturday.

Maj. Sherin Aqa, head of public affairs for the 201st Corps in eastern Nangarhar province, where the GBU-43B was detonated, said ISIS commanders are among the dead.

“Our latest reports indicate that four main commanders are among the 94 people killed,” Aqa told Stars and Stripes.

Continued: https://www.stripes.com/news/middle-east/afghan-official-death-toll-from-massive-us-bomb-rises-to-94-including-4-isis-commanders-1.463677#.WPIeD7j8pVI

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
94 now?

That is still over $170,000 per kill based just on the construction cost of a MOAB device.

I thought Trump was a businessman.  $170K/kill a good investment?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
94 now?

That is still over $170,000 per kill based just on the construction cost of a MOAB device.

I thought Trump was a businessman.  $170K/kill a good investment?

Its more of a psy-ops weapon anyway.

Don't be surprised if those who said casualty numbers are a foolish way of fighting a war now happily tout those same numbers. Personally I'm not sure how they would get an accurate count of people who were supposedly in caves.