Author Topic: US tanks are getting a small update that signals a big shift to defending Europe against Russia  (Read 391 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker

Having settled into their nine-month deployment to Europe, members of the 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team from the US Army's 4th Infantry Division are making a slight update to their vehicles.

Earlier this month, the first M1A2 Abrams tank with a woodland green paint scheme appeared in Europe, signaling the unit's shift to a camouflage scheme more appropriate for its new surroundings than the desert tan colors previously used.

"The reason that we are painting our vehicles is to better blend in with the environment that we are operating in," said Capt. James England, leader of a company within the brigade.

[excerpted]
http://www.businessinsider.com/us-tanks-in-europe-painted-with-green-paint-for-camouflage-2017-4
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

geronl

"Hush up, we're sneaking up on them! They'll never know we're there!"

"Are you kidding? They can hear this things engine for miles!"

*You might not be able to see it, but there is an M1A2 tank in the above image.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 07:42:18 pm by geronl »

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me

Earlier this month, the first M1A2 Abrams tank with a woodland green paint scheme appeared in Europe, signaling the unit's shift to a camouflage scheme more appropriate for its new surroundings than the desert tan colors previously used.

I would have thought that the bigger "signal" was the fact that they were present in Europe, regardless of what color they were. Silly me.  :thud:
Let it burn.

geronl

I would have thought that the bigger "signal" was the fact that they were present in Europe, regardless of what color they were. Silly me.  :thud:

probably still looks the same on an IR scope