Author Topic: Trump May Send Up To 50,000 Troops To Syria  (Read 1484 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Trump May Send Up To 50,000 Troops To Syria
« on: April 13, 2017, 11:32:44 pm »
Source is questionable. It directly contradicts a Trump statement from a few days ago regarding no troops to Syria. https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-04-13/trump-said-no-to-troops-in-syria-his-aides-aren-t-so-sure

It appears that Mike Cernovich, who earlier this week wrote that Trump's national security advisor, Gen. H.R.McMaster, was planning on sending as many as 150,000 troops to Syria, may have been right again. According to Bloomberg commentator Eli Lake, who has now made a habit of confirming Cernovich "conspiracy theories" (he did so previously with the Susan Rice scoop), Trump may be on the verge of escalating the proxy war in Syria by sending anywhere between 10,000 and 50,000 troops on the ground, and - if Cernovich is indeed correct - as much as three times more. ....

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-13/trump-may-send-50000-troops-syria

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump May Send Up To 50,000 Troops To Syria
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 11:42:45 pm »
Trump: ‘We’re Not Going Into Syria’
Breitbart, Apr 12, 2017, Jeff Poor

In an interview with Fox Business Network’s Maria Bartiromo that aired on “Mornings with Maria” on Wednesday, President Donald Trump dismissed the possibility of U.S. forces going into Syria.

Trump made that pledge but defended his decision to strike a Syrian airbase and said Obama administration should have acted on Syria long before he did.

“We’re not going into Syria, you know because there was some questions,” Trump said. “[U.N. ambassador] Nikki Haley is doing a fine job. Rex [Tillerson] is doing a fantastic job as secretary of state. General McMasters, fantastic. But if you add it all up, every little word — they’ll say it is different. Here’s what you should understand: We’re not going into Syria. But when I see people using horrible, horrible chemical weapons, which they agreed not use under the Obama administration and they violated it. What I did should have been done by the Obama administration a long time before I did it.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/04/12/trump-not-going-syria/

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 11:52:24 pm »
The President's statement on Syria begins at 20:22:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUoTC6DMFQU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUoTC6DMFQU

(The entire interview is very informative)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 01:40:26 am »
Did McMaster (with Petraeus I believe) actually say 150,000? I don't always have sound and I'm not asking anyone to do my homework for me but this might have been said at another time or not at all for Cernovich to be out taking credit for this. I'm a bit unsure, I did see Cernovich was asserting this. It might be taken out of context.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 01:48:04 am by TomSea »

Offline Idiot

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 01:46:50 am »
Source is questionable. It directly contradicts a Trump statement from a few days ago regarding no troops to Syria. https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-04-13/trump-said-no-to-troops-in-syria-his-aides-aren-t-so-sure
Oh h@ll no!

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 04:57:14 am »
Oh h@ll no!

The statement quoted by @AbaraXas is not accurate.   Play the video I posted @mrpotatohead and hear the President, himself, answer the question about troops in Syria (the answer is no).   :patriot:

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 04:58:28 am »
Did McMaster (with Petraeus I believe) actually say 150,000? I don't always have sound and I'm not asking anyone to do my homework for me but this might have been said at another time or not at all for Cernovich to be out taking credit for this. I'm a bit unsure, I did see Cernovich was asserting this. It might be taken out of context.

What part of "we're not going into Syria" from the CIC confused you @TomSea ?

« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 04:58:52 am by Right_in_Virginia »

geronl

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 05:32:30 am »
insanity

Offline TomSea

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 12:20:46 pm »
What part of "we're not going into Syria" from the CIC confused you @TomSea ?
@Right_in_Virginia

Do you normally assert people say things they didn't?

I was talking about Cernovich's assertion about McMaster.

It seems you like to act like the big defender of Trump and that nobody else is, that you are his protector but in this case, again, it appears to be disingenuous. I made no mention of him.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 12:59:52 pm by TomSea »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 12:44:27 pm »
Only problem is...we don't have 150K troops to send to Syria even if there was a legitimate reason for us being there.

The cabinet is empty when it comes to this...we are tapped out.

There re other strategic places we need troops right now and a lot of them and Syria is NOT one of them.

Cernovich is an idiot.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 01:09:09 pm »
Only problem is...we don't have 150K troops to send to Syria even if there was a legitimate reason for us being there.

The cabinet is empty when it comes to this...we are tapped out.

There re other strategic places we need troops right now and a lot of them and Syria is NOT one of them.

Cernovich is an idiot.

I see the Pentagon issued a statement yesterday asking that people stop falsely claiming there is an impending preemptive strike coming against North Korea. They call it foolish and dangerous.

The problem is that there are several different factions using the threat of an American strikes for their own reasons. Some hate Trump and the GOP who use the threat to cause fear of Trump and the GOP. Others support Trump and the GOP who are hot for any war at any time love hearing this crap. And finally you have the foreign propagandists who have multitudes of reasons to spread false stories.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2017, 01:13:43 pm »

A questionable source contradicts a questionable source.  Guess we'll have to wait and see.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2017, 01:27:56 pm »
I'm glad my son is out of the Marines now.  I don't want to go through another "we're not sure why we're here" kind of wars.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2017, 01:32:03 pm »
I see the Pentagon issued a statement yesterday asking that people stop falsely claiming there is an impending preemptive strike coming against North Korea. They call it foolish and dangerous.

The problem is that there are several different factions using the threat of an American strikes for their own reasons. Some hate Trump and the GOP who use the threat to cause fear of Trump and the GOP. Others support Trump and the GOP who are hot for any war at any time love hearing this crap. And finally you have the foreign propagandists who have multitudes of reasons to spread false stories.

Confusion and false info/propaganda is how you get a shooting war started when no one ever meant for it to happen.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2017, 02:10:58 pm »
This is stupid.  The military plans for every possible contengency.  It doesn't mean that Trump wants to implement it, but the military had damned well better be ready if something happens that causes a change in policy.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2017, 02:16:26 pm »
This is stupid.  The military plans for every possible contengency.  It doesn't mean that Trump wants to implement it, but the military had damned well better be ready if something happens that causes a change in policy.

Being ready and being able to execute are two different things...I have no doubt the planners in the Army G-3/5/7 are ready...but where will the troops come from?  It would take 6 months to get NG divisions/brigades up and ready.  We're already treating Korea like a deployment...we'd have to pull the rotational troops from Europe...which would play into Putin's hands because it takes our guys away from training the Ukrainian Army as well as those of the other Easter European and Baltic countries we're training and partnering with...those same countries Putin lusts after to bring back under his sphere of influence.

We need to stay out of Syria...let Iran and  Russia get bogged down there.

Wingnut

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2017, 02:20:28 pm »
Confusion and false info/propaganda is how you get a shooting war started when no one ever meant for it to happen.

:amen:

And another  :amen:

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2017, 02:23:55 pm »
Being ready and being able to execute are two different things...I have no doubt the planners in the Army G-3/5/7 are ready...but where will the troops come from?  It would take 6 months to get NG divisions/brigades up and ready.  We're already treating Korea like a deployment...we'd have to pull the rotational troops from Europe...which would play into Putin's hands because it takes our guys away from training the Ukrainian Army as well as those of the other Easter European and Baltic countries we're training and partnering with...those same countries Putin lusts after to bring back under his sphere of influence.

We need to stay out of Syria...let Iran and  Russia get bogged down there.
Very true.  Before Trump implements any deployment he will be thoroughly briefed of the implications and potential consequences.  I was just pointing out that the military performing contengency planning in no way means that Trump is acting on those plans.  These articles about policy based on military planning are 999 times out of 1000 utter garbage.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2017, 02:26:01 pm »
  These articles about policy based on military planning are 999 times out of 1000 utter garbage.

Hooah!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2017, 02:44:19 pm »
@txradioguy

The problem is when Trump says he won't send troops, he may send troops.  His tweets also send different messages on the same subject and foreign countries, including North Korea, are reading those tweets.  There is a state of confusion in this country and all other countries regarding Trump's positions, and it will stay that way.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2017, 02:47:05 pm »
@txradioguy

The problem is when Trump says he won't send troops, he may send troops.  His tweets also send different messages on the same subject and foreign countries, including North Korea, are reading those tweets.  There is a state of confusion in this country and all other countries regarding Trump's positions, and it will stay that way.

Sad but true.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2017, 03:21:57 pm »

If one is nitpicking, then we already have troops there.

Some say the surprise element works to our advantage.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2017, 03:33:49 pm »
If one is nitpicking, then we already have troops there.

Some say the surprise element works to our advantage.

Problem is when we shell Assad with those Marine howitzers...we're helping Daesh...the very people that want to kill us.