Author Topic: In case you didn’t know, you can now get colourless coffee  (Read 718 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
In case you didn’t know, you can now get colourless coffee
« on: April 13, 2017, 07:55:19 pm »
Here since we don't have a "What the Hell were they thinking!" section.

Whatever people do to coffee, one thing tends to remain the same – its distinctly brown colouring.

However much milk you might add, it’ll still stay on the brown side of beige.
Sigur Rós has just launched their own magical range of edibles

And for those of us who like it pure, that rich burnt umber colour is part of the enjoyment of black coffee.

All this time, we’ve taken the intrinsic brownness of coffee for granted.

Until now.

Someone has come up with Clear Coffee – ‘the first colourless coffee drink in the world’.

It looks like water and supposedly tastes like coffee.

It’s made from Arabica coffee beans and water and claims to be ‘produced by methods which have never been used before’.

Founded by David Nagy and his brother Adam, CLR CFF – the company behind the coffee – claims that it’s ‘due to this combination of technology and high-quality ingredients (that) a drink has been developed which is unique in taste and flavour’.

More (yes, people taste tested it for the article): http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/13/in-case-you-didnt-know-you-can-now-get-colourless-coffee-6572239/
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: In case you didn’t know, you can now get colourless coffee
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 08:00:05 pm »
I've wondered for a long time why we can't get colorless coffee.  Mostly on my commute as I take a sip and have to hit the brakes at the same time.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 08:03:04 pm »
I've wondered for a long time why we can't get colorless coffee.  Mostly on my commute as I take a sip and have to hit the brakes at the same time.

Remember how long Pepsi Clear lasted?    Right.  Clear coffee.  Not a chance in hell of catching on.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 08:32:03 pm »
Remember how long Pepsi Clear lasted?    Right.  Clear coffee.  Not a chance in hell of catching on.

It's in a mug - the only way I see it is when it splashes over my up-to-then-clean blouse.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 01:22:37 pm »
It's in a mug - the only way I see it is when it splashes over my up-to-then-clean blouse.

If you are drinking and driving you deserve the stain.   :police:

If it is a problem you should wear a coffee blouse for the drive and change out in the parking lot to the good one.  :laugh:

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 01:29:36 pm »
If you are drinking and driving you deserve the stain.   :police:

If it is a problem you should wear a coffee blouse for the drive and change out in the parking lot to the good one.  :laugh:

I'll keep that in mind, @bigheadfred.  And, that way, I'll have time to wave at my co-workers as they're coming in.  Heck, it might start a trend. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 04:03:29 pm »
Remember how long Pepsi Clear lasted?

I have a "Pepsi Clear" in front of me right now!  It's actually Crystal Pepsi.  Photo to follow.

Admittedly, it's a bit past its Best By date, since I don't drink much, but that's the April 2017 NY Conservationist magazine it's on, just to prove Crystal Pepsi is still available.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 04:08:00 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 04:18:26 pm »
With as much money and effort people are putting into whitening their teeth these days, you never know.  It might catch on.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra