Author Topic: My Free Speech at Berkeley, Not. How universities like Berkeley aim to kill free speech.  (Read 375 times)

rangerrebew

My Free Speech at Berkeley, Not
How universities like Berkeley aim to kill free speech.
April 12, 2017
David Horowitz

A full-page ad is appearing in today’s Daily Californian, calling on students to “COME HEAR DAVID HOROWITZ SPEAK AT BERKELEY ON APRIL 12.” Following this, the ad says, “COME HEAR HIM, THAT IS, IF YOU CAN FIND HIM!” Well actually you can’t. That’s because the UC Berkeley Administration, which is determined to keep its students “safe” from conservative speakers like me, chose to place such onerous restrictions on the event that its hosts, Berkeley College Republicans, felt they had to cancel it.

University officials will tell you that the restrictions were necessary to ensure public safety, but this will just be the most egregious of their self-serving lies. They will seek to validate this by invoking the February riot, which prevented Milo Yiannopoulos from speaking on campus, causing $100,000 damage and physical violence to bystanders in the process. Milo was not responsible for that riot; the Berkeley Administration and the UC police were. It was their responsibility to present a show of force that would have prevented the mayhem, and failing that to arrest the perpetrators and see to it that they received long jail sentences and were required to pay restitution for the damage they caused. But the UC can’t be bothered with actual concerns for public safety. In fact, the UC Police Department led by Captain Alex Yao, did nothing to stop or arrest the rioters, who as a result will not have to  think twice before rioting again, say at my event or at Ann Coulter’s which is scheduled to take place at the end of the month.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/266394/my-free-speech-berkeley-not-david-horowitz
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 01:39:46 pm by rangerrebew »