Author Topic: US 'Fully Prepared' to Shoot Down North Korea's Test Missiles  (Read 772 times)

rangerrebew

US 'Fully Prepared' to Shoot Down North Korea's Test Missiles

By John Power
April 12, 2017

The United States has hinted at an unprecedented shift in its policy toward North Korea by telling a key ally that it is ready to shoot down missiles test-fired by the Kim regime, according to Australian media reports.

Washington has briefed Australia on being “fully prepared” to intercept any ballistic missiles launched around North Korean founder Kim Il-sung’s birthday on April 15, Sydney’s Daily Telegraph reported Tuesday, citing anonymous intelligence sources. Under third-generation leader Kim Jong-un, who took over after the death of his father Kim Jong-il in 2011, Pyongyang has accelerated the testing of missiles and nuclear weapons in defiance of international sanctions. Following its fourth and fifth nuclear detonations within months of each other last year, the secretive country is anticipated to be on the verge of its sixth test.

geronl

Re: US 'Fully Prepared' to Shoot Down North Korea's Test Missiles
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 12:17:35 pm »
So a country can shoot down another countries missiles and rockets? Will Cuba shoot down the next SpaceX launch?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 12:34:01 pm »
So a country can shoot down another countries missiles and rockets? Will Cuba shoot down the next SpaceX launch?

I don't have a problem with this. Its why our aircraft mounted laser weapons were developed. Also it beats the hell out of the alternative.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 12:35:27 pm »
I don't have a problem with this. Its why our aircraft mounted laser weapons were developed. Also it beats the hell out of the alternative.

The alternative is not starting WW3...

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 12:48:58 pm »

And NK launching a nuke will prevent WWIII?

This is one of the few things that the world seems OK with us doing.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 01:06:52 pm »
0bama killed the airborne laser program...however,

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-airborne-laser-may-rise-again-but-it-will-look-very-1724892313
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 01:19:42 pm »
0bama killed the airborne laser program...however,

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-airborne-laser-may-rise-again-but-it-will-look-very-1724892313

Yeah I believe the Boeing YAL-1  was finally killed in 2014 but the laser itself appears to live on as a ship mounted version. It actually makes more sense as a ship mounted version. It will be a primarily anti drone weapon but as a ship mounted weapon it has the potential to be powered up enough to take out ICBMs at the edge of space.

US Navy ship-mounted 30kW laser weapon tested in Persian Gulf

http://optics.org/news/5/12/18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0DbgNju2wE
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 01:22:07 pm by Cripplecreek »

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 01:34:21 pm »
Yeah I believe the Boeing YAL-1  was finally killed in 2014 but the laser itself appears to live on as a ship mounted version. It actually makes more sense as a ship mounted version. It will be a primarily anti drone weapon but as a ship mounted weapon it has the potential to be powered up enough to take out ICBMs at the edge of space.

US Navy ship-mounted 30kW laser weapon tested in Persian Gulf

http://optics.org/news/5/12/18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0DbgNju2wE
Now that I have not seen before...sweet.  ABL proved that the concept could work, refinement will only get better as technology and knowledge increase.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 03:37:51 pm »
Who knows for sure what the military has?  I wouldn't be the least surprised if some thinking ahead people in the military and pentagon didn't always let Imam Obama know all of what was being done. :ODIO:

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 03:45:30 pm »
I think it is important to test our latest weaponry in real life  situation with out actually being in a shooting war.. This is effective in two ways. 1. To assess the effectiveness of the arsenal of democracy and B. To act a deterrent to the bad actors of the world.  Thankfully, in todays world there is no shortage of players to test them on.  Which is a good thing.

:smokin:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 03:46:07 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2017, 03:53:19 pm »
I think it is important to test our latest weaponry in real life  situation with out actually being in a shooting war.. This is effective in two ways. 1. To assess the effectiveness of the arsenal of democracy and B. To act a deterrent to the bad actors of the world.  Thankfully, in todays world there is no shortage of players to test them on.  Which is a good thing.

:smokin:

There have already been rumors about whether we had anything to do with past NK missile test failures.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2017, 04:01:36 pm »
There have already been rumors about whether we had anything to do with past NK missile test failures.

How we view Missile Command....

How Kim Jong-Un views it....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2017, 04:06:58 pm »

I think you are underestimating the danger the fat little punk already poses.   He may already have ICBMs that can reach our West Coast.  (If he has an EMP capability, 100,000,000 Americans could die from an unprovoked attack.)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2017, 07:42:46 pm »
Who knows for sure what the military has?  I wouldn't be the least surprised if some thinking ahead people in the military and pentagon didn't always let Imam Obama know all of what was being done. :ODIO:

Three words: $600 hammers. ;)
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink