Author Topic: Kim Jong-Un ‘orders IMMEDIATE EVACUATION of Pyongyang’ as tensions with US escalate  (Read 2415 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
NORTH Korea leader Kim Jong-un has reportedly ordered residents of the country’s capital Pyongyang to leave the city immediately, sparking fears he may be preparing for war.....

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/791251/kim-jong-un-north-korea-imminent-war-pyongyang-immediate-evacuation

geronl

Only the highest class (the trusted class) of people can live in Pyongyang. It's reserved for the privileged.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
He's crazy and that's pretty much the size of it.

geronl

If he attacks Seoul, it could be the beginning of the beginning of the end.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Well..some good news at least for me..he can't hit Illinois with his missiles  *****rollingeyes*****
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

If they trek to the Chinese border, there are 150,000 Chinese troops waiting for them.

Wingnut

Well..some good news at least for me..he can't hit Illinois with his missiles  *****rollingeyes*****

You win some. You lose some.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Why would anyone, no matter how crazy, telegraph to their enemies that they are about to attack, if they were really going to do it?

Not only that, but Kim would kill his own mother. He would kill his own son. Why would he ever act in a humanitarian way to save the life of his population which he himself has murdered, tortured, and persecuted, for decades?

Something is not right about this story.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 03:37:47 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Why would anyone, no matter how crazy, telegraph to his enemies that he was about to attack?

Not only that, but Kim would kill his own mother. He would kill his own son. Why would he ever act in a humanitarian way to save the life of his population which he himself has murdered, tortured, and persecuted, for decades?

Something is not right about this story.

As I said in the other thread, all of these stories are coming from places like Express.UK, DailyMail.UK, the Sun.UK, we aren't reading Fox, NBC, CNN and so on. One forum member said that's because this is largely a pravda feed and the like.  It is all a bit curious.

That's not a criticism, it's an observation.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 03:35:40 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
One of the stories was a VOA reporter; okay.

Online DB

I'm just hoping the people in our military have a sound plan and that all this noise is that plan being executed.

If not, there's not much I an do about it.

Offline Frank Cannon

If not, there's not much I an do about it.

There is something you can do. Get your order in for the new Galaxy S8 before there are supply chain issues....

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

One of his submarines, which he has, off our west coast could deliver a nuke on our western coast.  Don't need an intercontinental missile for that.  He will do it just because he can and people mean nothing to him - they are objects. . 

Offline endicom

But Trump can and you know how he is.

Online DB

@mystery-ak

One of his submarines, which he has, off our west coast could deliver a nuke on our western coast.  Don't need an intercontinental missile for that.  He will do it just because he can and people mean nothing to him - they are objects. .

The wind blows east...

Wingnut

The wind blows east...

The fuchsia fox fell fifty fathoms from father's famous fish fry.

Offline SirLinksALot

Report: Kim Jong-Un orders evacuation of NoKo capital
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2017, 02:52:53 pm »
SOURCE: AMERICAN THINKER

URL: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/04/report_kim_orders_evacuation_of_noko_capital.html

by Rick Moran

According to several sources, North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un has ordered 600,000 people to evacuate the capital city of Pyongyang.  The report originally appeared in Pravda, but a reporter for Channel News Asia tweeted that foreign journalists have been told to prepare to move out of the capital – without their cell phones.

We've been told to be ready to move out at 620am, but no idea why. Also, no cell phones allowed. #Pyongyang #Dprk pic.twitter.com/DO1yziIEMq

— Jeremy Koh (@JeremyKohCNA) April 12, 2017

Daily Express:

Reports in Russian newspaper Pravda Report claim more than 600,000 people – around 25 per cent of the city's population – are being urgently evacuated, as tensions escalate between North Korea and the United States.

According to South Korean media, residents in the kingdom have said goodbye to each other, sparking concerns the tyrannical leader could be about to act after months of nuclear weapon testing.

Foreign reporters have been told to prepare for a "big and important event" on North Korea's biggest national celebration, called 'Day of the Sun'.

A tweet from Channel NewsAsia's Beijing Correspondent Jeremy Koh said: "We've been told to be ready to move out at 6.20am, but no idea why. Also, no cell phones allowed."

More than 200 foreign journalists are in Pyongyang as the country marks the 105th birthday of its founding president Kim Il Sung on April 15.

Officials in North Korea have already warned nuclear war could break out at any minute thanks to the "extremely tense" situation on the Korean Peninsula.

The US sent a navy strike group towards the Western Pacific in a show of force, with North Korea retorting with warnings of a nuclear attack in retaliation to any show of aggression.

China has also moved 150,000 soldiers close to the North Korean border in preparation for war.

The move comes after president Trump launched 59 Tomahawk missiles at a Syrian airfield in response for the country's brutal chemical attack which left 79 civilians dead.

North Korean officials have given no clues as to the nature of the "surprise event" or where it would take place.

However, past announcements of a similar nature have turned out to be relatively low-key.

Kim issued another nuclear warning yesterday – i.e., if provoked, North Korea would use nuclear weapons.

So what is going on?  To sum up:

1. The U.S. is moving a carrier strike force to the Korean peninsula.

2. China has moved 150,000 troops to Korean border to handle an expected flood of refugees if an attack occurs.

3. Kim has threatened to use nukes if provoked.

4. Reporters are being told to expect a "big event," while some reports – perhaps not reliable – claim that Kim has ordered the partial evacuation of the capital.

Taken together, the signs are ominous.  But should these stories be understood as being part of a pattern?  Or is the juxtaposition of all this information a coincidence?

Certainly, prudence demands the former.  But if you've read Barbara Tuchman's "Guns of August," you might recognize that it's entirely possible that the confluence of events could easily lead to misinterpretation, and what seems bellicose or ominous as part of a pattern is actually separate reactions to similar events.

Nothing takes place in a vacuum, of course.  But we may be reading too much into what's really happening in North Korea.  Intelligence reports indicate that Kim may be readying another nuclear test to coincide with the North's national holiday, the "Day of the Sun," which honors the birth of North Korea's founder, Kim Il-sung.  Or Kim may be about to order another missile test.  Either event could be misinterpreted and lead to war.

So even if there's nothing really ominous about these events, tensions are so high that a misunderstanding or an error could let loose the dogs of war on the Korean peninsula.

Offline NavyCanDo

The world seems to be heading towards one unavoidable collision.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Wingnut

When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat. Kind of cool to have a front-row seat to it all.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
It is Friday morning in Korea. So the rumor of "something big" on Thursday is proven false.

Wingnut

It is Friday morning in Korea. So the rumor of "something big" on Thursday is proven false.

Was there any doubt?    888high58888

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

But, it has been for some time, accelerated by 0's lack of appropriate action.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I believe most of the rumors were around Saturday. That is their 'day of the sun' celebration.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_the_Sun

This is when they traditionally have massive military parades, shows of force, and other missile tests.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
The way the world is today I'm glad I have my teddy bear.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
I believe most of the rumors were around Saturday. That is their 'day of the sun' celebration.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_the_Sun

This is when they traditionally have massive military parades, shows of force, and other missile tests.

Guess it depends on which rumor mill one is visiting. The one that the "international journalists" relayed via Reuters mentioned Thursday. iirc.