Author Topic: Boy, 8, watches driving tutorials, drives to McDonald's  (Read 649 times)

Offline libertybele

Boy, 8, watches driving tutorials, drives to McDonald's
« on: April 13, 2017, 12:42:53 am »
Where were the parents and how did it come about that he watched a driving tutorial?

Boy, 8, watches driving tutorials, drives to McDonald's

t wasn't a Big Mac attack, but a hankering for a cheeseburger that prompted an eight-year-old boy from East Palestine to get behind the wheel of his dad's van and drive to the local McDonald's with his 4-year-old sister.

East Palestine Police officer Jacob Koehler tells 21 News that the boy pulled up to the drive-thru window of the restaurant at around 8 p.m. Sunday after driving from his home where his parents were sleeping about a half mile away.

The boy just wanted to buy a cheeseburger at the Market Street restaurant, according to police.

“He looked up videos on YouTube on how to drive,” said officer Koehler, who adds that witnesses say the boy followed the rules of the road, stopping for lights and keeping within speed limits.

The children did get to eat at McDonald's while they waited for their grandparents to pick them up.

No charges are being filed, according to Koehler.

http://www.wfmj.com/story/35131203/east-palestine-police-8-year-old-drives-4-year-old-sister-to-get-cheeseburger

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Boy, 8, watches driving tutorials, drives to McDonald's
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 03:00:54 am »
I like the boys initiative.

Wingnut

Re: Boy, 8, watches driving tutorials, drives to McDonald's
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 03:13:32 am »
I like the boys initiative.

Initiative? Come now Frank.  If'n he would have stopped at the drive-thu liquor store and picked up a bottle of Jack.... that would have shown me he had spunk.