Author Topic: Taiwan bans eating dog and cat meat  (Read 707 times)

Wingnut

Taiwan bans eating dog and cat meat
« on: April 12, 2017, 11:58:10 pm »
-Damn.  I guess they are not for dinner anymore. Better hide your guinea pigs! _

Taiwan has outlawed the consumption of dog and cat meat, as the island’s legislature on Tuesday passed a landmark amendment to its animal protection laws.

The island’s official Central News Agency (CNA) said the revision showed the transition “from a society in which dog meat was regularly consumed” to where “many people treat pet cats and dogs as valued members of their families.”

Previously, the Animal Protection Act only covered the slaughter and sale of dog and cat meat. Individuals who eat or trade dog or cat meat can now be fined between $1,640 to $8,200.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/12/asia/taiwan-bans-eating-dog-and-cat-meat/

Online corbe

Re: Taiwan bans eating dog and cat meat
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 12:07:37 am »
   obummer just scratched them off his vacation list
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 12:31:37 am »
Outrageous. I nicely done pussie is delicious.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 02:27:11 am »
I think it was limited to animals bred and raised for the purpose in South Korea. (Remember that a few generations ago it was impoverished and some old people still got the taste for it)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 02:33:27 am »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 02:41:05 am »
Outrageous. I nicely done pussie is delicious.

Grab it while you still can.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 03:06:43 am »
No way to know if this is western propaganda or if it is true, but I was in a presentation years ago, where the speaker remarked that the starvation in NK was so grim, that all animal life there was being exterminated. She compared it to what happened on Easter Island.

So, no fish in any stream, no frogs, certainly no pet dogs or cats, can be found there, because they've all been eaten. Even some species of bugs are in peril. In NK, a dog or several cats would be a wedding feast.

She describes village peasants gathered in fields with huge nets to catch any migratory birds that may be passing by. In fact, this practice was done for so long and to such a degree, that the migratory birds learned to avoid the area, and now migrate around NK.

While we all live in the 21st century, the people of NK are trapped in a much more primitive era. An era in which a dog or a cat would be a celebrated feast.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 03:14:41 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.