Author Topic: Mars’ Ionosphere: Cold, Lifeless, and Filled With Heavy Metals  (Read 552 times)

rangerrebew

Date of Publication: 04.11.17.

Mars’ Ionosphere: Cold, Lifeless, and Filled With Heavy Metals

An artist's render of the MAVEN mission, upon arrival at Mars.NASA

Mars is Earth’s inhospitable cousin. And like anybody with a wayward family member, Earthlings can’t help trying to figure out what went wrong. So people throw a lot of money at the red planet, usually in the form of spacecraft. NASA’s Maven mission explores Mars’ upper atmosphere, puzzling over how a planet that was once wet and potentially habitable ended up a dry, cold desert world.

https://www.wired.com/2017/04/mars-ionosphere-cold-lifeless-filled-heavy-metals/
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 09:43:53 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Mars’ Ionosphere: Cold, Lifeless, and Filled With Heavy Metals
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 09:48:53 pm »
So, it's Finland?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 11:03:15 pm »
So, it's Finland?
Nope, the water system in Flint.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 11:43:46 pm »
So, it's Finland?

Finland definitely does heavy metal but at the far end of the scale. I think I'll stick with Anglo Metal.

Offline andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn