Author Topic: Why Millennials Don't Follow the Liberal Narrative  (Read 594 times)

rangerrebew

Why Millennials Don't Follow the Liberal Narrative
« on: April 12, 2017, 10:46:08 am »
April 12, 2017
Why Millennials Don't Follow the Liberal Narrative
By John Horvat II

The standard narrative about today's millennials is that they are unpredictable. They are very fluid and undefined. Despite this changeability, most people automatically assume that millennials are predictably liberal.

The facts, however, tell a different story. Researchers who study the habits and attitudes of millennials do not support this forgone conclusion. Indeed, liberal-minded people are finding these unpredicted results to be unsettling.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/04/why_millennials_dont_follow_the_liberal_narrative.html#ixzz4e1yqVmRO
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Why Millennials Don't Follow the Liberal Narrative
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 11:49:07 am »
One convincing explanation is that many millennials have watched their parents try to juggle two careers and saw how stressful it was. Others saw their families fall apart with divorce or single parenthood. When the family falls apart, a whole world unravels.
I can say, anecdotally, that there is truth to this.

My grandparents on both sides of my family were divorced. On one side, it was particularly bitter and the strain of it all arguably led to my grandfather's death, among a host of other problems. The other wasn't quite so traumatic.

My parents saw what happened and didn't want that to happen to me and my siblings. They're still together, as are the vast majority of my many aunts and uncles, who went on to lifelong marriages.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024