Author Topic: China Threatens To Bomb North Korea's Nuclear Facilities If It Crosses Beijing's "Bottom Line"  (Read 1109 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
China Threatens To Bomb North Korea's Nuclear Facilities If It Crosses Beijing's "Bottom Line"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-11/china-threatens-bomb-north-koreas-nuclear-facilities-if-it-crosses-beijings-bottom-l

With everyone putting down new and/or revised "red lines", be it on Syria or North Korea, it was now China's turn to reveal its "red" or rather "bottom line", and in a harshly worded editorial titled "The United States Must Not Choose a Wrong Direction to Break the DPRK Nuclear Deadlock on Wednesday" Beijing warned it would attack North Korea's facilities producing nuclear bombs, effectively engaging in an act of war, if North Korea crosses China's "bottom line."

The editorial in the military-focused Global Times tabloid, owned and operated by the Communist Party's People's Daily newspaper, said that North Korea’s nuclear activities must not jeopardize northeastern China, and that if the North impacts China with its illicit nuclear tests through either "nuclear leakage or pollution", then China will respond with force.

“China has a bottom line that it will protect at all costs, that is, the security and stability of northeast China... If the bottom line is touched, China will employ all means available including the military means to strike back. By that time, it is not an issue of discussion whether China acquiesces in the US’ blows, but the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) will launch attacks to DPRK nuclear facilities on its own."

This, as the editorial puts it, is the "bottom line" for China; should it be crossed China will employ all means available including the military means to strike back," warned the editorial.

snip

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Thanks for posting. This makes sense.

If China does the US favors; we are bound to be indebted a bit back to China.

Most of what we've heard has been not good for China with trade wars, tarrifs and all of this.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
US and Red China both  about to whack this little goofy despot?

That'll put the "un" in Kim Jong- Un

This ain't a video game son.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
So ya gotta wonder, did China and the US make a plan to carve up NK between China and S. Korea, or some other strategem? US moves on Syria, moves toward NK, Now China is warning NK, sounds like it has some assets in Syria too. Just wondering what the chess game is.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 05:43:22 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Not finding the cited editorial yet.

Just this

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1041998.shtml
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 05:54:28 pm by don-o »

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Ahhhhh....

It is worth noting is that shortly after publication, the article seems to have been retracted without explanation, the URL now returning a "404" error. However not before the original article was cached on a webpage owned by China Military, courtesy of google.

edit: Here it is

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:1iKYl9EZJQQJ:english.chinamil.com.cn/view/2017-04/07/content_7554618.htm+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 06:01:33 pm by don-o »

Offline thackney

They may have changed the link, but the article is still there.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-11/china-threatens-bomb-north-koreas-nuclear-facilities-if-it-crosses-beijings-bottom-l

(I use title searches for this)

- - - - - -

Edit:  Your original link still works.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 06:19:53 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

"China Threatens To Bomb North Korea's Nuclear Facilities If It Crosses Beijing's "Bottom Line""

This would seem to signify the end of Kim in the long run.  If this is so, it's humiliation of Kim. China seems to be NK's sponsoring nation.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Was looking for Global Times; not zerohedge.

Which, btw has been disparaged around here. But looks to me that something major here.

@LonestarDream

Offline LonestarDream

Was looking for Global Times; not zerohedge.

Which, btw has been disparaged around here. But looks to me that something major here.

@LonestarDream

Exactly what we have been conferring about since the Syria raid, @don-o
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline montanajoe

This can also be seen both as a warning to the US not to attempt any strikes on the Korean Peninsula and an assurance that the Chinese will handle it, helping the US to gracefully back down....as we have no good options to do anything.

I'm bet there have been private assurances to the North by the Chinese "clarifying" their position...

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This can also be seen both as a warning to the US not to attempt any strikes on the Korean Peninsula and an assurance that the Chinese will handle it, helping the US to gracefully back down....as we have no good options to do anything.

I'm bet there have been private assurances to the North by the Chinese "clarifying" their position...

I think the Chicoms have gotten a good taste of benefits of capitalism the past 10-15 years, and realize that this little punk despot may be a threat to that gig.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Exactly what we have been conferring about since the Syria raid, @don-o

Yes. And I saw that Trump made a mention of tying trade negotiations to China's stepping up (on?) NK.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I think the Chicoms have gotten a good taste of benefits of capitalism the past 10-15 years, and realize that this little punk despot may be a threat to that gig.
World News / Re: 150,000 Chinese Troops deployed along NK border[size=0.85em]« on: April 10, 2017, 06:06:01 PM »[/size]
It's possible that the Chinese may be growing wary of NKs growing nuclear and missile technology. With the leadership of NK being irrational, the Chinese may be realizing that the crazy, wild-ass, dictator over there is just as likely to use the technology against China as he would anyone else.

Also, since China considers itself to be the only dominate power in the region, they may be irked that that this unstable nut has the power to bring the entire world to war single handedly on any pretense or whim.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 07:06:46 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline NavyCanDo

So ya gotta wonder, did China and the US make a plan to carve up NK between China and S. Korea, or some other strategem? US moves on Syria, moves toward NK, Now China is warning NK, sounds like it has some assets in Syria too. Just wondering what the chess game is.

Even to be absorbed by China would be far far far better than what the conditions NKs live under now.  With any scenario, it is time for China to step up and squash that maggot and free the people of North Korea, even if its China's level of freedom.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

China would like to be a global superpower that basically deals with all security matters in Southern Asia.  Sponsoring, aiding and abetting a goofy dictator in his efforts to keep his people enslaved is China failing to demonstrate that it is responsible enough to assume a leadership role on the world stage.  On the other hand, taking a decisive role in NoKo enhances China's credibility.

The only question is, what do the Chinese expect to get as far as the spoils?  A united Korea is the best solution, but China needs to wet its beak in the deal, otherwise it will not happen.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
China would like to be a global superpower that basically deals with all security matters in Southern Asia.  Sponsoring, aiding and abetting a goofy dictator in his efforts to keep his people enslaved is China failing to demonstrate that it is responsible enough to assume a leadership role on the world stage.  On the other hand, taking a decisive role in NoKo enhances China's credibility.

The only question is, what do the Chinese expect to get as far as the spoils?  A united Korea is the best solution, but China needs to wet its beak in the deal, otherwise it will not happen.

Another poster brought up that same point a few days ago.  What is in it for the Chicoms?.  I sure hope Trump doesn't throw the Taiwanese under the bus.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Thanks for posting. This makes sense.

If China does the US favors; we are bound to be indebted a bit back to China.

Most of what we've heard has been not good for China with trade wars, tarrifs and all of this.
First off, it saves face for China, and puts them regionally at a level of prestige up with the US (a little bit worldcop, even though there is a propaganda aspect).

It solidifies their hegemony over DPRK, with the "I helped bring you into this world, I can take you out" mindset. It is a solid move on the part of the Chinese, and removes the need to retaliate against any US intervention by telling Kim to get back in line or they will take out the trash themselves, and does so for solely (ostensibly) selfish reasons of their own national security.

If a conflict is to occur in the future between the US and China, it will be more on Chinese terms, not of those of a dipstick DPRK dictator with a hubris problem.

Brilliant on their part.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

They can make of the carving plans they want, the fact is that it is rightfully the northern half of Korea belongs to Korea.

geronl

NK has built nukes and just now there is a "red line"?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Catfish asks:
"Another poster brought up that same point a few days ago.  What is in it for the Chicoms?.  I sure hope Trump doesn't throw the Taiwanese under the bus."

See this post (by me about 8 days ago):
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,256713.msg1279525.html#msg1279525

And also this one:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,256999.msg1281519.html#msg1281519

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
NK has built nukes and just now there is a "red line"?

A fantastic plan, really. One that is working equally well in Iran. Gotta give them the rope. Everything will work out fine. Think of the mess it would make, in the Middle East for instance, if we went and started deposing these petty tyrants. Good thing we haven't tried that.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley