Author Topic: FLOTUS Fashion [Melania Only]  (Read 417945 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: FLOTUS Fashion
« Reply #1850 on: October 15, 2017, 09:53:35 am »
Here's a link to the Getty photos:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4966800/Melania-Trump-wears-green-dress-West-Virginia.html

Here are the shoes  :laugh:

Ooohhhh!!! Drool!!!! Ladies, want!!!!

Do you think she gives her used shoes to charity? I wish I was her size
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 09:55:00 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1851 on: October 16, 2017, 12:52:24 pm »
Ooohhhh!!! Drool!!!! Ladies, want!!!!

Do you think she gives her used shoes to charity? I wish I was her size

She wears a 10.5.  Looks like I won't be getting any of those donated shoes.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1852 on: October 16, 2017, 12:53:05 pm »
She wears a 10.5.  Looks like I won't be getting any of those donated shoes.

I'm an 8.5

Me neither. :(

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1853 on: October 16, 2017, 01:00:35 pm »
 The First Lady kept things simple on Saturday in a black, knee-length dress that looked to be from her favorite Italian design duo, Dolce & Gabbana

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1854 on: October 16, 2017, 01:05:37 pm »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1855 on: October 16, 2017, 01:08:04 pm »
I'd love her dresses.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1856 on: October 16, 2017, 02:26:12 pm »
Not the greatest picture quality; but her smile looks very genuine.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1857 on: October 16, 2017, 02:32:26 pm »
FLOTUS a few days ago at Rowley Training Center.  Love the jacket!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1858 on: October 16, 2017, 02:34:59 pm »
Not often do we see her in flats rather than stilettos.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #1859 on: October 16, 2017, 10:03:25 pm »
The First Lady kept things simple on Saturday in a black, knee-length dress that looked to be from her favorite Italian design duo, Dolce & Gabbana

So elegant and chic.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1860 on: October 20, 2017, 04:31:24 pm »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1861 on: October 20, 2017, 06:54:26 pm »

Ha!  You beat me to it.  You found the better pics though.  She looks absolutely lovely, distinguished and proud.  What a special occasion for her!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1862 on: October 20, 2017, 06:58:19 pm »
Close up of the dress; I love the material of the dress she's wearing!

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 06:58:48 pm by libertybele »

« Reply #1863 on: October 20, 2017, 07:04:37 pm »
Two more @libertybele ... Melania looked like she was really enjoying herself.

With the designer ....

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1864 on: October 20, 2017, 07:05:34 pm »
Here are other inaugural dresses.  I love Taft's dress ... others ... not so much.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/photos/2017/01/first-lady-inaugural-ball-gowns#1

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1865 on: October 20, 2017, 07:08:27 pm »
Two more @libertybele ... Melania looked like she was really enjoying herself.

With the designer ....

Thanks RIV --- yes ... this day is about her and she does look like she's having a great time.  Can you imagine the accomplishment that the designer feels?  I'm happy for her...she was a young girl from Slovenia (I am 2nd generation from Slovenia to the U.S.) to this!  How incredible really.

« Reply #1866 on: October 20, 2017, 07:13:55 pm »
Close up of the dress; I love the material of the dress she's wearing!

It reminds me of this Dolce & Gabbana she wore in Italy this summer @libertybele :

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 07:15:40 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1867 on: October 20, 2017, 07:59:31 pm »
She is striking!  MAGA!!     :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1868 on: October 20, 2017, 10:13:26 pm »
It reminds me of this Dolce & Gabbana she wore in Italy this summer @libertybele :

Is it the same dress? I never really noticed the dress, I only paid attention to the jacket.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #1869 on: October 20, 2017, 10:15:23 pm »
I hate that jacket.  That's like something an ugly woman would wear to get people to look at her jacket instead of her face.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1870 on: October 20, 2017, 11:32:07 pm »
I hate that jacket.  That's like something an ugly woman would wear to get people to look at her jacket instead of her face.

But then the eye is drawn to a shocking contradiction...to striking glamorous beauty.

....just like any great photograph.  It 'shocks' the observer.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #1871 on: October 21, 2017, 02:30:18 am »
Is it the same dress? I never really noticed the dress, I only paid attention to the jacket.

Yes, I believe it is @libertybele    ^-^

« Reply #1872 on: October 21, 2017, 02:31:07 am »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #1873 on: October 21, 2017, 03:50:32 am »
But then the eye is drawn to a shocking contradiction...to striking glamorous beauty.

....just like any great photograph.  It 'shocks' the observer.

She doesn't need those silly gimmicks, my eye keeps going back to that hot mess of a jacket.  But, if you think she does, okay.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1874 on: October 21, 2017, 06:26:24 am »
She doesn't need those silly gimmicks, my eye keeps going back to that hot mess of a jacket.  But, if you think she does, okay.
She makes her clothes look good, unlike some of her predecessors attempts to have their clothes make them look good (which had mixed results).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis