Author Topic: FLOTUS Fashion [Melania Only]  (Read 413214 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: FLOTUS Fashion
« Reply #1100 on: June 26, 2017, 09:58:02 pm »
If it is, the fabric pattern has run.

I like it. Sort of a dress/sari cross. Very respectful.

She really doesn't put a finger wrong in her choices.

I like it too.  I don't normally like yellow, but she wears it well.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1101 on: June 26, 2017, 10:00:05 pm »
Ummm.....ick.  And is that a boob belt?

The belt is part of the dress @RoosGirl

« Reply #1102 on: June 26, 2017, 10:00:55 pm »
If it is, the fabric pattern has run.

I like it. Sort of a dress/sari cross. Very respectful.

She really doesn't put a finger wrong in her choices.

I agree @EC ... the dress is both beautiful and respectful. 

« Reply #1103 on: June 26, 2017, 10:10:59 pm »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1104 on: June 26, 2017, 10:19:17 pm »
When I first caught a glimpse, it reminded me of Peter Maxx.   

She could wear a shower curtain.   {{{sigh}}}      :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #1105 on: June 26, 2017, 10:26:15 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSLdwtLZbtY

LOL. I said it before and I'll say it again, she is awesome.

BTW, there needs to be a law against putting things between her and a camera. How dare that dirty old man park his car in front of her so I can't see her. He needs to be arrested.

Silver Pines

« Reply #1106 on: June 27, 2017, 12:00:25 am »
Greeting PM Modi today:

@Right_in_Virginia

I'm not in love with the pattern but I understand why she wore it.  She does yellow well, though.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #1107 on: June 27, 2017, 12:11:57 am »
When I first caught a glimpse, it reminded me of Peter Maxx.   

She could wear a shower curtain.   {{{sigh}}}      :laugh:

Yes, she could!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #1108 on: June 27, 2017, 12:47:14 am »
Greeting PM Modi today:

Not my favorite, but then I don't much care for yellow unless it's a flower.  She does look lovely, though.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1109 on: June 27, 2017, 03:35:35 am »
Actually, I love the dress and the color.  Melania wears yellow very well.  My only complaint ... the dress needs to be hemmed up; it's a bit too long.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1110 on: June 27, 2017, 03:43:59 am »
She's wearing pink stilettos with the dress...in looking at other pics; there is pink in the flowers.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 03:48:05 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1111 on: June 27, 2017, 04:00:01 am »
What have you got against boob belts @RoosGirl .... they look very good on Melania.   :shrug:
They mask her form, imho, rather than enhance it. That's what they were designed to do with Michelle, too, but on Michelle, the effect was likely an improvement. Melania could wear a much smaller belt and look better. YMMV.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #1112 on: June 27, 2017, 04:13:50 am »
She's wearing pink stilettos with the dress...in looking at other pics; there is pink in the flowers. 

You're right @libertybele .... there is pink in the flowers.  I missed it entirely  ^-^  The shoes are probably the same ones she wore to the Congressional picnic.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1113 on: June 27, 2017, 04:19:53 am »
Nothing against boob belts...nope...nothing...

Just a fashion leftover from her WWE days...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #1114 on: June 27, 2017, 04:36:18 am »
Nothing against boob belts...nope...nothing...

Wow! @RoosGirl   Thanks for posting the pictures above.  Now I see the resemblance between the two styles--heavens they could be twins!

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 04:46:29 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #1115 on: June 27, 2017, 04:59:15 am »
Haha, you're getting huffy because I don't like one outfit your goddess is wearing.  .../

Lighten up, Francis.

No, in all seriousness @RoosGirl --- you have opened my eyes.  Thank you!!   888high58888

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1116 on: June 27, 2017, 01:50:44 pm »
Wide belts are supposed to 'cinch' the waist and slim the silhouette and there is a difference between wearing a wide belt at the waist and wearing one below the bust. I think Melania looks great in either. 

I sat and watched the video of her in the yellow floral gown while sitting and when the camera was on her she seemed like she was holding in her breath and seemed slightly uncomfortable.  I felt bad for her.  Perhaps at 47 she's tired of the continual scrutiny of the cameras and not being able to have a less then picture perfect moment.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 01:52:02 pm by libertybele »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1117 on: June 27, 2017, 01:53:03 pm »
Wide belts are supposed to 'cinch' the waist and slim the silhouette and there is a difference between wearing a wide belt at the waist and wearing one below the bust. I think Melania looks great in either. 

I sat and watched the video of her in the yellow floral gown while sitting and when the camera was on her she seemed like she was holding in her breath and seemed slightly uncomfortable.  I felt bad for her.  Perhaps at 47 she's tired of the continual scrutiny of the cameras and not being able to have a less then picture perfect moment.
She got her start modelling and has the biggest gig of her life. I think that's why she seems so relaxed around kids. They don't care about fashion, they can just enjoy the nice lady.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 01:53:21 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #1118 on: June 27, 2017, 01:55:35 pm »
Looks like we should lock down this thread and move one since everyone is being catty b's about this yellow dress.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1119 on: June 27, 2017, 02:03:40 pm »
Looks like we should lock down this thread and move one since everyone is being catty b's about this yellow dress.
She'll wear something different today. Then people can be catty about that, or not.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1120 on: June 27, 2017, 02:16:50 pm »

Love the dress on her and love her in yellow!!  IMHO, without the belt, the dress wouldn't have looked as sophisticated, which is I think the look she was going for as well. 

My absolute favorite so far is Melania in this yellow dress.  Notice no belt and how the dress is more formal looking - a belt would have made it look more 'business' like.

« Reply #1121 on: June 27, 2017, 03:21:17 pm »
Looks like the flowers are coordinated with Melania's dress  :laugh:

« Reply #1122 on: June 27, 2017, 03:32:14 pm »

@libertybele

I think we forget sometimes that this is Melania's first political gig .... and it's the apex. Every other FLOTUS has come up through the ranks and has lots of practice under her belt (yes, I said the "b" word  ^-^) --- especially when it comes to protocol. 

Remember all the hoopla over not holding hands?  Other first couples have this down to surgical precision by the time they reach the WH.  The Trumps are newbies in this arena --- and are doing great (IMHO).

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 03:33:22 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #1123 on: June 27, 2017, 03:35:49 pm »
@libertybele

I think we forget sometimes that this is Melania's first political gig .... and it's the apex.

Not a whole lot different to modelling, for the most part. Look good, be graceful, don't get in the way of the actual object (publicity in the case of politics, the clothes in the case of modelling).

But yeah, she's doing great so far. Needs be a touch more confident and relaxed in speaking, but even that's coming on nicely. She's a quick learner.  ^-^
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

« Reply #1124 on: June 27, 2017, 03:49:40 pm »
Not a whole lot different to modelling, for the most part. Look good, be graceful, don't get in the way of the actual object (publicity in the case of politics, the clothes in the case of modelling).

But yeah, she's doing great so far. Needs be a touch more confident and relaxed in speaking, but even that's coming on nicely. She's a quick learner.  ^-^

Well, if it were me ... foreign born and going from my very private world to living in the White House, I'd be a little intimidated and afraid of committing a faux pas.  I think the White House is a whole lot different than modeling---but that background along with Melania living in so many different European countries surely does help.