Author Topic: FLOTUS Fashion [Melania Only]  (Read 417806 times)

Online libertybele

Re: FLOTUS Fashion
« Reply #300 on: May 09, 2017, 04:14:38 am »
The truth!

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #301 on: May 09, 2017, 04:54:34 am »
I don't get it...I've done searches on the dress, the event, even searched one-shoulder yellow Dior dresses, and I get nothing.  These fashion photographers are slipping.

I'd like to see the shoulder strap slip on that Dior!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #302 on: May 09, 2017, 05:16:30 am »
Score one for Melania.

This weekend at a family reunion, while the whole family agreed they were not pleased with the president, they all agreed they liked the First Lady and her clothes. (And shoes)

I have to confess I'm looking forward to see what she's going to wear each day.

Maybe I need a life.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #303 on: May 09, 2017, 11:27:03 pm »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Silver Pines

« Reply #304 on: May 10, 2017, 12:00:16 am »
Sorry, it's not shoes or frocks.

Ivanka Trump Look Tops Among Plastic Surgery Patients, Surgeons Say

I swear I do not understand having surgery to look like someone else.  But---and I might get flamed---I think Melania would be a better model.

Just don't try to look like Paula White.

Silver Pines

« Reply #305 on: May 10, 2017, 12:00:43 am »
I'd like to see the shoulder strap slip on that Dior!

@Frank Cannon

Lol, I know you would.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #306 on: May 10, 2017, 12:27:23 am »
Melania news is a little slow now, but things are going to pick up later this month....

Melania Trump Will Join Donald Trump on His Trip to Israel

Read more: http://www.haaretz.com/us-news/1.788282

Silver Pines

« Reply #307 on: May 10, 2017, 12:40:46 am »
Melania news is a little slow now, but things are going to pick up later this month....

Melania Trump Will Join Donald Trump on His Trip to Israel

Read more: http://www.haaretz.com/us-news/1.788282

That'll be good....I hope she's shopping right now.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #308 on: May 10, 2017, 02:49:14 am »
That'll be good....I hope she's shopping right now.
I get the impression her clothes and the camera both like her.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #309 on: May 10, 2017, 05:58:56 am »
I get the impression her clothes and the camera both like her.

I like her dress. She's pretty and tall. The camera really does like her.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #310 on: May 12, 2017, 09:03:33 pm »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #311 on: May 12, 2017, 09:07:16 pm »
I think Melania's wearing black slacks (from the video):

« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 09:09:23 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #312 on: May 12, 2017, 09:55:11 pm »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #313 on: May 13, 2017, 03:02:47 am »

Silver Pines

« Reply #314 on: May 13, 2017, 11:51:24 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Yes, it does look like she's wearing pants.  This is probably not my favorite look of hers, but it's a nice crisp white shirt.

She's here in my town right now at the Liberty U commencement.  Live local coverage starts at 8 eastern, and I'll be checking in to get a look at her outfit.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #315 on: May 13, 2017, 11:57:02 am »

IMHO, this outfit is to 'disguise' her true height when adjacent to her hubby.

Look at the hem touching the floor and those flats/how heels, etc..

And I agree, it's not something most women might have chosen to wear...compared to what we've been treated to thus far.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

« Reply #316 on: May 13, 2017, 12:52:06 pm »

IMHO, this outfit is to 'disguise' her true height when adjacent to her hubby.

Look at the hem touching the floor and those flats/how heels, etc..

And I agree, it's not something most women might have chosen to wear...compared to what we've been treated to thus far.

You could be right about the height issue, DC.  Makes sense.

Don't get me wrong, I like seeing Melanie move past the somewhat boring First Lady attire of past years.  That's why I'm interested...that, and she has the style to pull it off, which Michelle Obama did not.  It's just this particular outfit that doesn't grab me.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #317 on: May 13, 2017, 01:16:50 pm »
I like it..it's something I would wear....except for those extra wide leg pants...not a fan.

My theory is she downplayed her outfit because of who her audience is..military wives...who could never afford to buy any of her outfits....If I am right I admire her for her thoughtfulness.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Silver Pines

« Reply #318 on: May 13, 2017, 01:21:12 pm »
I like it..it's something I would wear....except for those extra wide leg pants...not a fan.

My theory is she downplayed her outfit because of who her audience is..military wives...who could never afford to buy any of her outfits....If I am right I admire her for her thoughtfulness.

I agree about the wide leg pants.  I don't think they flatter anyone.

Never thought of that but, wow...if it really is the case, then I give her enormous credit.

Silver Pines

« Reply #319 on: May 13, 2017, 01:24:36 pm »
Watching the live stream of LU's commencement.  They're showing Secret Service milling around on the runway at our tiny little baby airport.  Air Force One is coming in.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #320 on: May 13, 2017, 01:34:06 pm »

They're advertised at the bottom of @Right_in_Virginia 's above post with all the Getty/AP pics.

They were $1,092. this morning. (Sailor pants)   ...now I see them at $648.    ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

« Reply #321 on: May 13, 2017, 01:40:18 pm »
Damn it, Melanie didn't come!  Trump is alone.   :boring:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #322 on: May 13, 2017, 01:58:28 pm »
You could be right about the height issue, DC.  Makes sense.

Don't get me wrong, I like seeing Melanie move past the somewhat boring First Lady attire of past years.  That's why I'm interested...that, and she has the style to pull it off, which Michelle Obama did not.  It's just this particular outfit that doesn't grab me.
The high waist on the dark pants make her look unbalanced, like a small torso on top of stilts. It does not show her at her best and distorts her physical proportions. It is the first look I have seen her in which is not flattering, and to make matters worse, the pants make her look heavy.  That camera angle is not the best, either.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #323 on: May 13, 2017, 02:13:28 pm »
The high waist on the dark pants make her look unbalanced, like a small torso on top of stilts. It does not show her at her best and distorts her physical proportions. It is the first look I have seen her in which is not flattering, and to make matters worse, the pants make her look heavy.  That camera angle is not the best, either.

Good points, all.  Also, white shoes with black pants...please, no.  In fact, white shoes.  Lol

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #324 on: May 13, 2017, 04:34:09 pm »

Totally agree.  She carries it off better than most would -- or could -- but it really isn't a very flattering look.

Edited to add: The closer-up pictures look better than the ones that are farther away.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 04:38:55 pm by Polly Ticks »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra