Author Topic: Carrie Fisher Will Appear in Star Wars: Episode IX, Brother Says  (Read 501 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The family of Carrie Fisher has granted permission to Lucasfilm to use recent footage of the late actress in “Star Wars: Episode IX.”

Famed for her role as Princess Leia in the original “Star Wars” trilogy, Fisher returned to the character for 2015’s “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.” However, she passed away in December at age 60, shortly after completing her scenes for the sequel “The Last Jedi.” Rumors later circulated that Lucasfilm intended to use a CG recreation of Fisher for the 2019’s “Star Wars: Episode IX,” something the studio swiftly denied.

But on Thursday her brother Todd Fisher told the New York Daily News that he and her daughter Billie Lourd have given Lucasfilm and Disney the rights to use recently recorded footage of Fisher in the sequel. No CGI will be used.

“Both of us were like, ‘Yes, how do you take her out of it?’ And the answer is you don’t,” Todd Fisher told the newspaper. “She’s as much a part of it as anything and I think her presence now is even more powerful than it was, like Obi Wan — when the saber cuts him down he becomes more powerful. I feel like that’s what’s happened with Carrie. I think the legacy should continue.”

More: http://www.cbr.com/carrie-fisher-star-wars-episode/

When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come to pass: “Death has been swallowed up in victory. Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?

« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 12:34:50 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink