Author Topic: The Civil War is Here  (Read 1481 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The Civil War is Here
« on: April 08, 2017, 12:11:43 am »
http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/266197/civil-war-here-daniel-greenfield

March 27, 2017
Daniel Greenfield

A civil war has begun.

This civil war is very different than the last one. There are no cannons or cavalry charges. The left doesn’t want to secede. It wants to rule. Political conflicts become civil wars when one side refuses to accept the existing authority. The left has rejected all forms of authority that it doesn’t control.

The left has rejected the outcome of the last two presidential elections won by Republicans. It has rejected the judicial authority of the Supreme Court when it decisions don’t accord with its agenda. It rejects the legislative authority of Congress when it is not dominated by the left.

It rejected the Constitution so long ago that it hardly bears mentioning. 

It was for total unilateral executive authority under Obama. And now it’s for states unilaterally deciding what laws they will follow. (As long as that involves defying immigration laws under Trump, not following them under Obama.) It was for the sacrosanct authority of the Senate when it held the majority. Then it decried the Senate as an outmoded institution when the Republicans took it over.

It was for Obama defying the orders of Federal judges, no matter how well grounded in existing law, and it is for Federal judges overriding any order by Trump on any grounds whatsoever. It was for Obama penalizing whistleblowers, but now undermining the government from within has become “patriotic”.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: The Civil War is Here
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 12:16:43 am »
This will be the first Civil War.  A civil war breaks out when a faction of a nation seeks to overthrow the existing govt.

That did not happen in the War Between the States, as the South never wished to overthrow the US govt.  it simply wanted to be left alone from Northern Agression.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 12:28:07 am »
This will be the first Civil War.  A civil war breaks out when a faction of a nation seeks to overthrow the existing govt.

That did not happen in the War Between the States, as the South never wished to overthrow the US govt.  it simply wanted to be left alone from Northern Agression.

The War of Secession. The same thing we will have when/if California gets nutty enough to try it.

The point:

The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws and its elections.

They are staging a coup in their continued attacks on Trump, IMO.

The fight over health care may be the straw.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 12:23:12 pm »
The left is filled with idiots, they're 100% wrong about nearly everything, but they are not a treasonous organization and they are not staging a coup. If this kind of content-free, intelligence-free talk is what conservatives are about, then I am not a conservative. Every side needs an opposition, even the GOP and conservatism.
Not if the opposition is against the Constitution.

An example is in today's Wash Times, wherein Chuckie disregards legal qualifications to prioritize ideology.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/apr/6/charles-schumer-fights-for-supreme-court-ideology/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 04:29:17 pm »
Here is a follow-up to Greenfield's piece:

Winning the Civil War of Two Americas

America vs. Anti-America.
April 4, 2017
Daniel Greenfield

Daniel Greenfield, a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the Freedom Center, is a New York writer focusing on radical Islam.

When John Edwards touted the “Two Americas” during his presidential campaigns before his political career ended in disgrace, it was still a metaphor. It stopped being a metaphor at the end of last year.

If you doubt that, you can watch Tom Perez, the head of the Democratic National Committee, yelling that President Trump didn’t win the election.  There is a huge difference between opposing the winner of an election and denying that he won it. It’s the difference between opposition and rebellion.

Democrats have not recognized a single Republican presidential victory this century. There is no real reason to think that they will recognize a third one. We can safely assume that the third or fourth Republican to win the White House, no matter who he is, will face the same treatment.

A two-party system can’t function if one party denies the legitimacy of elections won by the other side....

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/266304/winning-civil-war-two-americas-daniel-greenfield

« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 04:32:07 pm by Sanguine »

geronl

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 05:03:09 pm »
the extreme hyperbole is nauseating

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 05:09:09 pm »
the extreme hyperbole is nauseating

Whose?  Perez'?

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 05:17:29 pm »
I believe that the next US Civil war is no longer avoidable.  It will happen, and when it does, it will be closer to a rural vs city split and it will not bode well for those in the city.  Millions will die because they will not be able to provide for their own needs.  That is why i am a prepper.  Not as much as I need to, but as much as my funds allow.

I hope and pray that it does not come in my lifetime.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 05:25:04 pm »
Whose?  Perez'?

Lolz.  The betting window is open.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

geronl

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2017, 06:35:07 pm »
Whose?  Perez'?

everyones. Changing administrations is not "war". Trying to delegitimize the opposition has gone overboard.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 06:37:07 pm »
everyones. Changing administrations is not "war". Trying to delegitimize the opposition has gone overboard.

Good lord, man, did you read the article? 

It looks like you're commenting on the headline.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2017, 07:40:28 pm »
We are already in the middle of an uncivil war.

More than half the population is hostile towards our fundamental principles and charters.  As a people, we are no longer united under a common heritage or beliefs in what constituted liberty.  The biblical morality that shaped us as a nation has been rejected and discarded for the morality of men and their reasonings that prey upon the base instincts of envy, jealousy and covetousness.

Freedom for most today means the freedom to do whatever one wants at someone else's expense.

The core has been breached - and the divisions so stoked and exploited have yet to reap what has already been sown.  We are seeing just the very beginnings of that bitter harvest, and - given the zeitgeist out there is more akin to France in the very late 1790s than the Colonies in the 1770s, I am of the opinion that the divides are irreconcilable.  As such it is only a matter of time before the rhetoric we are reading is acted upon in violence en masse.

Privation upon a people who live by instant gratification and needs fulfillment will be more ugly than what we see in the middle east should that be visited here.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2017, 08:06:17 pm »

More than half the population is hostile towards our fundamental principles and charters.  As a people, we are no longer united under a common heritage or beliefs in what constituted liberty.  The biblical morality that shaped us as a nation has been rejected and discarded for the morality of men and their reasonings that prey upon the base instincts of envy, jealousy and covetousness.

Freedom for most today means the freedom to do whatever one wants at someone else's expense.

The core has been breached - and the divisions so stoked and exploited have yet to reap what has already been sown.  We are seeing just the very beginnings of that bitter harvest, and - given the zeitgeist out there is more akin to France in the very late 1790s than the Colonies in the 1770s, I am of the opinion that the divides are irreconcilable.  As such it is only a matter of time before the rhetoric we are reading is acted upon in violence en masse.

Privation upon a people who live by instant gratification and needs fulfillment will be more ugly than what we see in the middle east should that be visited here.
:amen:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2017, 08:12:24 pm »

I agree.

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2017, 12:54:07 am »

ok, I'll bite.

What is the difference between a civil war and an uncivil war?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2017, 01:35:02 am »
ok, I'll bite.

General Lee speaking in an uncivil war take nothing for Granted.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2017, 02:17:51 pm »
ok, I'll bite.

A real civil war would be more uncivil than an uncivil war. If that makes sense.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2017, 03:48:11 pm »
General Lee speaking in an uncivil war take nothing for Granted.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2017, 03:56:51 pm »

By all accounts, General Lee was a very civil man in an uncivil world.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2017, 04:07:14 pm »
By all accounts, General Lee was a very civil man in an uncivil world.

From what I've read, that's true.  And he had plenty of reason to be bitter.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2017, 04:55:55 pm »
The problem is not civil war. The problem is DC is to the point of not being able to pay interest on the debt if interest rates rise even modestly and stay there for a few years.

What we are more looking at is a breakup with the states going their own way because of the power vacuum left when DC goes broke. I could see that happening as soon as the next recession.
The Republic is lost.