Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL FRIDAY SILLINESS THREAD FOR 4/7***  (Read 1722 times)

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
***THE OFFICIAL FRIDAY SILLINESS THREAD FOR 4/7***
« on: April 07, 2017, 01:15:56 pm »
No Housework Day[/b]

Date When Celebrated : Always April 7th

No Housework Day is your chance to do anything, except housework. Better still, have someone else do the chores for a day. Housework is a daily, seemingly endless and repetitive groups of tasks. It often goes unrecognized and worst of all..... taken for granted. But, watch out! If the dishes aren't done, or there's no clean towels, somebody notices.

There's two ways to celebrate this day:
If you normally do the housework around the house, cease and desist for this day. Instead, kick back and enjoy the day. Relax and do anything, except housework.

If you are a spouse or significant other, do the housework for your mate. It gives her (or him) a break from the housework. And, you just might get an appreciation of how much work it takes to keep up the house. 

1. "My idea of superwoman is someone
who scrubs her own floors." — Bette Midler

2. "I am never five minutes into stripping the
clutter from my life before I start running into
the clutter that is my life." — Robert Brault

3. "I'm not going to vacuum until Sears
makes one you can ride on." — Roseanne Barr

4. "When it comes to housework the one
thing no book of household management
can ever tell you is how to begin. Or maybe
I mean why." — Katharine Whitehorn

5. "One of the advantages of being
disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries." — A.A. Milne

6. "Housework can't kill you, but why take a
chance?" — Phyllis Diller

7. "I hate housework. You make the beds,
you wash the dishes and six months later
you have to start all over again." — Joan Rivers

8. "Dust is a protective coating for fine
furniture." — Mario Buatta

9. "My idea of housework is to sweep the
room with a glance." — Erma Bombeck

10. "There was no need to do any
housework at all. After the first four years
the dirt doesn't get any worse." — Quentin Crisp

11. "Housekeeping is like being caught in a
revolving door." — Marcelene Cox

12. "You don't get anything clean without
getting something else dirty." — Cecil Baxter

13. "Have nothing in your home that you do
not know to be useful or believe to be
beautiful." — William Morris

14. "Housekeeping ain't no joke."
— Louisa May Alcott

Then again, maybe someone else can come do my housework

Also on this day....we raise our drinks to....

National Beer Day[/color]

Date When Celebrated : Always April 7th

On March 22, 1933, President Franklin D. Roosevelt, signed into law, the Cullen-Harrison Act. This act, repealed prohibition for beer. Effective April 7, 1933, people could once more buy, sell and consume beer.

The night before, was called "New Beer's Eve"  That night millions of Americans lined up waiting for the stroke of midnight.

On April 7, 1993, the first National Beer Day, Americans consumed 1.5 million barrels of legal beer and ale.

Let's all lift our frothy mugs in celebration on this very special day.
Wait for it......

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
Re: ***THE OFFICIAL FRIDAY SILLINESS THREAD FOR 4/7***
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 01:18:18 pm »

As most of you know, I put out a FReep mail yesterday stating the following. So for anyone who is lurking or on this thread and not on the ping list, please note:

I know most of you cherish this thread and enjoy reading it every week. I really don't want to leave you all hanging.

I have asked for someone else to take over, and so far there have been no takers. I hate to let the thread just die, but responses are minimal and I just don’t have time to maintain it every week. Maybe a few of you would be willing to share hosting, and we can rotate Fridays? I feel bad, but I just can't maintain it every Friday.

So, if are interested in being the host going forward, or sharing that bill and rotating Fridays, please FReep me a message and I’ll be happy to send you my Ping list.

Meanwhile, enjoy todays thread and lets all chip in and make it the best (and longest) one yet. :)

Thank you,
 Lucky

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 01:23:23 pm »
COME ALONG TO

LETS MAKE THIS ONE COUNT

:flag: PINGALING LIST – Let me know if you want on or off!!    :sword: [/font]
@1poxgi@AbaraXas  - @Acemodean  - @alicewonders  - @andy58-in-nh  - @An@annieokie  - @ArneFufkin  - @austingirl  - @berferdt  -  @BigHomer - @Bigun@bob434@bolobaby@bootless@catfish1957@CatherineofAragon@cato potatoe  -  @chae@Charlespg@Chasaway@ConstitutionRose@Cowboyway@CSM  - @Cyber Liberty -   @DCPatriot@Dexter@Diamond6@DiogenesLamp@Doug Loss  -  @DrewsDad@driftdiver@EasyAce@EC@Eowyn@ExFreeper@Fishrrman@Frank Cannon  -  @Free Vulcan  -  @Freya -   @GilesB@goatprairie@gorush - @Gov Bean Counter  -  @GrouchoTex@guitar4jesus@HAPPY2BME@Hoodat@Idaho_Cowboy@INVAR@IsailedawayfromFR@Jazzhead@jmyrlefuller@Just_Victor@Kaslin@kevindavis@kidd@Kinsman Redeemer  -  @kjam22 -   @Lando Lincoln  -  @Leto@libertybele@LonestarDream@LottieDah@M1078@Machiavelli@MACVSOG68@Maj. Bill Martin  -  @MajorClay@Major Confusion@Manic Episode  -  @markomalley@MBB1984@mcjordansc@MeshugeMikey@Millee@Minarch@mirraflake@mlizzy@montanajoe@mountaineer@mrpotatohead@mystery-akcom/index.php?action=profile;u=115996][url=http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=profile;u=115996]@Neverdul -  [/font][/size]@Nickname -   @Oceander@PinkFlipFlops@plewis1250@pogo101@Polly Tix  -  @pookie18@PROCON@r9etb@rangerrebew@rb224315@RedHead@Relic@Resp3@RetBobbyMI@Richardtavor@Rikki Tikki Tavi  -  ][url=http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=profile;u=116057]@roamer_1 -  [/font][/size]@rodamala@RoosGirl -  @Salem Poor  -  @Sanguine@ScottinVA@ShadowAce@sinkspur@SirLinksALot@sitetest@skeeter@Smokin Joe  -  @sneakypete@Springfield Reformer  -  @Stargazer@starstruck@stevekrz@Suppressed@SZonian@Texas Yellow Rose  - @the_doc@TheMom@ThePatriotFile@The_Reader_David@Timber Rattler  -  @TomSea@truth_seeker@TurkeyLurkey@TXnTX@txradioguy - @uglybiker@Variant@verga@Victoria33@WAC@washi@Weird Tolkienish Figure  -  @Wingnut

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 01:47:54 pm »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline uglybiker

nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 03:54:09 pm »

:terror:  8888crybaby
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 04:02:46 pm »
Sorry to lose the Friday Silliness. I've been trying to participate, honest.

[attachment deleted by admin]
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 10:18:39 pm »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 11:28:22 pm »
Truth, as any fisherman can attest to.

[attachment deleted by admin]
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour