Author Topic: An Ode to #RedEye  (Read 474 times)

Offline corbe

An Ode to #RedEye
« on: April 05, 2017, 09:25:33 pm »
An Ode to #RedEye

DIARY / Pope Sparkles //  Posted at 11:30 am on April 5, 2017 by Pope Sparkles

Okay, maybe not really an ode, but the thought was there.

Fox News announced that Friday, April 7th, they will no longer air Red Eye with Tom Shillue. That statement made me remember what made the show so much to watch and how it changed my life.

Now, I admit I came late to the party. I started watching Red Eye in 2010. I was working second shift at the time and I found myself staying up later and later as time went on. So there I was, at 3 am, looking for something non-infomercially to watch. I saw it on my guide and figured ‘why not’? It took me a few viewings to really understand the show. It was unlike any news panel show I’ve ever seen.

For instance, Greg Gutfeld (original host) would have on experts like K.T. McFarland (National Security Council) and Michael Baker (former CIA) sit along comedians like Stephen Kruiser and Sherrod Small. He even included singers Andrew W.K. and Oderus Urungus (from the band GWAR). They brought you the news stories of the day, but in a relaxed and happy atmosphere.

<..snip..>

http://www.redstate.com/diary/popesparkles/2017/04/05/an-ode-to-redeye/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.