Author Topic: Beijing Rigged the Hong Kong Chief Election, Says Marco Rubio  (Read 478 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Beijing Rigged the Hong Kong Chief Election, Says Marco Rubio
By Paul Huang   | March 30, 2017 AT 4:45 PM  Last Updated: March 30, 2017 4:53 pm

As Hong Kong elected yet another pro-Beijing proxy to be the city’s leader, Congressional-Executive Commission on China (CECC), a China-monitoring unit under the US Congress condemned the election as rigged and a gross violation of Hong Kong’s right to autonomy.

Voting on Sunday by Hong Kong’s 1,194-member Election Committee elected Carrie Lam, a candidate that is most favored by Beijing, to be the new chief executive and the highest official to the supposedly autonomous city. John Tsang, a former civil servant who was perceived to be more pro-democrat came in only a distant second. This is despite the fact that Tsang led in all major opinion polls among the Hong Kong public, and it is believed that Tsang would have easily won in a popular election.

Continued: http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/2238031-beijing-rigged-the-hong-kong-chief-election-says-marco-rubio/

People are probably not real concerned about Hong Kong and surely, it doesn't affect us deeply but there were some stories on their recent questionable election.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/audio/2017/apr/03/is-it-too-late-to-save-hong-kong-from-beijings-authoritarian-grasp-podcast

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Beijing Rigged the Hong Kong Chief Election, Says Marco Rubio
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 01:15:51 am »
I guess I would have been surprised had they not.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 02:05:12 am »
I guess I would have been surprised had they not.

The PRC is 100% in control of everything that happens there

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 02:48:42 am »

:patriot: