Author Topic: Sage Steele Ousted From 'NBA Countdown' For Her Conservative Views (ESPN)  (Read 620 times)

Offline mountaineer

Sage Steele Ousted From 'NBA Countdown' For Her Conservative Views
 By: Joseph Curl
April 5, 2017

There's no question she's been controversial.

Sage Steele, a veteran basketball analyst at ESPN, went on Instagram in January to complain about large crowds protesting President Trump’s travel ban. “So THIS is why thousands of us dragged luggage nearly 2 miles to get to LAX, but still missed our flights,” she captioned a photo of a protesters at Angeles International Airport. And she ripped NFL players like Colin Kaepernick who kneel during the national anthem. Then she abruptly ended an interview with a musician after he launched into a political diatribe following last year’s celebrity All-Star game.

Then there's ESPN, which has -- for some reason -- decided to go political. Just yesterday, the sports network issued a new set of guidelines “recognize[ing] connection between sports, politics.” "We are living in unique political times…which explains the revised guidelines for discussion of political and social issues," ESPN public editor Jim Brady said. Of course, the network skews liberal and despises President Trump.

So it should come as little surprise that ESPN has fired Steele. She will be replaced by Michelle Beadle as host of “NBA Countdown” on both ESPN and ABC, the networks announced Tuesday.

Steele, who is biracial, doesn't mince words. And as a Christian, she's come under fire for her views on race, as she did during a Christian forum in Tampa in February, where she shared some surprising tales about racism.

“The worst racism that I have received [as a biracial woman married to a white man], and I mean thousands and thousands over the years, is from black people, who in my mind thought would be the most accepting because there has been that experience,” she said during a conference on race. “But even as recent as the last couple of weeks, the words that I have had thrown at me I can’t repeat here, and it’s 99 percent from people with my skin color.”   ...
Read the rest at Daily Wire
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald